Spindrift 22 - Owners manual - Page 3 - SailNet Community
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 28 Old 02-22-2016

Re: Spindrift 22 - Owners manual

I recently purchased a 1982 spectrum 22 and it appears to be very similar to the spindrift 22. I would really like a copy of the manual if anyone has it. Thanks, Kula. [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 Old 05-10-2016

Just bought an '85 Spindrift 22, pretty good shape, sat unused in a slip for a few years. Cleaning up, figuring out the rigging, etc. Could use a manual as well.

Thanks,

- Tim
post #23 of 28 Old 02-06-2017

I have the sailboat you used to own. Bought it out of a barn after sitting 16 years. 227 still named aerial
Towguy likes this.

Last edited by Blowboat22; 02-06-2017 at 11:44 PM. Reason: More info

post #24 of 28 Old 02-13-2017

Mine is #247, built in September 1985.
post #25 of 28 Old 03-23-2018

Hi,
It's 9 years later, and I have the same problem. I have a Spindrift 22 in fairly good condition. I am not the worlds greatest or most knowledgeable sailor, so I have some questions about rigging the boat.

1) There seem to be three halyards going up the mast. One (from the top) is the mainsail. The second from the top is the jib. However there is a third which has a pulley (block) just by the spreader. I have no ide what that is for.

2) I think that the jib halyards run from the jib OUTSIDE the stays, and then down the side of the cabin through the pulley-on-a-slider to the winch. Is that correct, or should they go inside the stays?

3) There are two more unused pulleys at the base of the mast, and one on the left side of the roof. I give up. I have no idea. Any help would be appreciated
post #26 of 28 Old 03-24-2018

Hi RTL,

Yes, it can be quite frustrating finding info on these boats. And there is no such thing as the world's greatest or most knowledgeable sailor: they don't exist - we're all just making it up as we go along ... ;-P

I can only help you with the following:

1) My boat has a CDI jib furler, with a self-contained halyard, so there is no jib halyard on the mast, although there are four sheaves in the masthead. The main halyard does indeed go through the masthead, and is led aft to a clutch on the port cabin top. I intend to change this setup to a swivel cleat arrangement on the mast for easier reefing. I have no idea what that block by your spreader is for. Something to do with a spinnaker? Dunno, as my boat does not have, nor is rigged, for a spin.

2) I think you mean the jib sheets, and yes, they should run outside of the shrouds (sidestays). Our chainplates (shroud attachment points on deck) are mounted next to the cabin, not out on the gunwales, so this routing makes the most sense.

3) My RS22 has evidence that there may have been other blocks mounted to the deck near the mast base, as well as other fittings (clutches?) mounted to the aft cabin roof, but they have been eliminated/glassed over. These may have been for jib/spin halyards led aft to the cockpit, but I have no way of knowing.

Hope this helps, and if you care to join my RS22 FB page, please feel free to do so, and join the whopping one other person who has!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1703154926602135/
post #27 of 28 Old 09-21-2018

Just recently purchased a 1983 spindrift 22.
I would like a copy of the manual as well if someone has it.
Thanks in advance
post #28 of 28 Old 09-21-2018

Welllll considering the fact that this thread has been around for almost 18 years, and nobody has yet found or posted a manual, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

You're more than welcome to join the FB group I linked to above. A few others have joined since my above post, and there have been some helpful discussions on there.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in