Magma Grill Question - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 11-08-2015 Thread Starter

Magma Grill Question

I just bought this used grill and he game me this post with an end of stuff I have know idea how it works. Anyone seen this before?Magma Grill Question-wp_20151108_002.jpg

Magma Grill Question-wp_20151108_004.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-08-2015

Re: Magma Grill Question

I think that is some kind of home brew thing . Magma shows nothing like it on their site .

Last edited by Markwesti; 11-09-2015 at 11:57 AM.
post #3 of 5 Old 11-09-2015
HANUMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markwesti View Post
I think that was some kind of home brew thing . Magma shows nothing like it on their site .
Agreed, some sort of mounting gadget, but not factory.

The other thing is a magma grilling helmet. I wear one when cooking, even indoors, but prefer the full face type.

Operating that remote and mouse whilst grilling off the back of your boat, you might want to throw on a flame proof PFD.

Clumsy is as clumsy does.

WINDHOVER
1999 CATALINA 36 MKII
NOANK, CT

post #4 of 5 Old 11-09-2015

I think it might work in a rod holder, with a peg in the bottom that usually catches the grove in the bottom of a fishing rod.

You'd twist to grab that peg, then tighten that plastic thing. Maybe they used to make it that way??? but the current rod holder mount is different.

I've got the mount that attaches to a rail. It is designed so that you're probability of dropping the grill overboard is as high as possible, so you'll need to buy another grill unless you've got your dive gear. Good for business.

Our rule is drop the anchor, secure the grill, then open a cold one. Any other sequence maybe hazardous to your grill.
post #5 of 5 Old 11-09-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecodda View Post
I think it might work in a rod holder, with a peg in the bottom that usually catches the grove in the bottom of a fishing rod.

You'd twist to grab that peg, then tighten that plastic thing. Maybe they used to make it that way??? but the current rod holder mount is different.
That would be my guess as well. I've got the current rod holder mount for a power boat and it has the same bend angle as in the OP's photo.

Have to agree about the security of the sailboat mount for my stern pulpit. I use propane, but if you use charcoal and don't tighten that lever, you might find your grill swinging down and dumping hot coals into whatever is underneath. If you don't have the hinged lid, you've just lost the food as well!

Tags
magma

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in