I figured I would post this here since when I was initially looking for details on this job it was tough to find a lot of info on it. Hopefully this will be of some use to another one of us down the road.
In a nut shell, you are basically replacing both of the burners which are for all intents and purposes "the stove" the rest of the actual stove is either structural bits holding things together, stuff that holds the frying pan above the burner or the tank and pump which provides pressurized fuel to the system. The tank and pump don't care a bit what kind of fuel you feed them, they would be just as happy pumping Gatorade as Alcohol or Kerosene so nothing of note is needed on them.
The burners I used were Patria 207s that I got off of Ebay. You can use Optimus/Svea burners, Patrias which are Portuguese copies of the Optimus/Svea burners, or you can use Indian made clones of the Patrias which are apparently usually just fine as well. Once you get your burners, all you really need to do is figure out how to get the fuel to them. The original alcohol burners had a handy compression fittings on the bottom while the Patrias had a less handy M14.5 x 0.75 threaded bottom which required me to manufacture something for it to screw into. I had to order a special tap from China as it's certainly not a common size then I used my lathe to adapt some sort of gas fitting from the cheapy bin at the hardware store. One side tapped with the goofy M14.5 threads, the other simply tapped 1/4 inch pipe thread. Note that I used a lathe because I have a lathe, this could have easily been accomplished with far more basic tools. From there, I just plumbed everything up with copper tubing about like the alcohol burner originally was and that was that.
Here's some pics of the process.
Original burner next to the replacement Patria
Close up of the top of the Patria
Original configuration top
Original configuration bottom
Facing off random brass thingy out of the sale bin at the hardware store to adapt
Drilling out random cheap brass thingy to thread onto the Patria burner
Tubing ran via thingy to burners.
Pumped up checking for leaks