Ac on a mooring - Page 6 - SailNet Community
 55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 76 Old 01-16-2018

Re: Ac on a mooring

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
i bet you use a large motorized dinghy to get between boat and beach or dock
I row. Don't like gasoline on my boat. Good exercise. Don't worry about theft.

Quote:
where have you cruised actively
Between the PNW, Hawaii, and Alaska. Mostly Salish Sea and Inside Passage. Easy to find solitude. Wintered over in Alaska on my last long duration trip.

Quote:
these days cruising entails anchoring in remote anchorages with foll,ks using wind gennies/.
there are two things your self absorbed self can do--
you can move to a different anchorage, perhaps another will exhibit absence of windmills, or you can stay and build up an anger so deep your face changes its appearance to ugly. fun to watch, but demanding the cruiserS around you ditch their best method of free battery charging just for your sensitive feelings is a little over the edge.
our self absorbed asses have batteries to charge. you MIGHT learn this if you ever leave the dock for longer than a night or two. i am surprised you donot have a wind generator up there in windyville. ye get more wind than sun in pnw.
Wow. Truly, your hatred is mystifying. And your assumptions...also kinda bizarre.

I merely commented at the rudeness of others blasting country music in quiet anchorage, and that as an example. I didn't say anything at all about wind generators. That was a different poster. You might try reading more carefully, as you are misdirecting all this rage.

"Freedom is the increased knowledge of what you can do without." —Thoreau

Last edited by amwbox; 01-16-2018 at 04:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 76 Old 01-16-2018
snake charmer, cat herder

Location: refitting a formosa in exotic tropical locations....

Send a message via Yahoo to zeehag Send a message via Skype™ to zeehag

i have no hatred. i merely watch the likes of you with your ugly faces and *****iness about everything destroying the peace in pair a dice, outside of usa. i describe reality here you interpret hatred., wow you a snowflake or something?? hahahaha pooor you.
reading is not putting your feelings into my words. you havenot the right to project your hatred into my being. hahahahaha i have not complained in a public forum about noises in an anchorage angering me. you did that. re read your words before you project your weaknesses onto others.
i am happily making my own energy saving dough and repairing 'cane damages. notice i said happily. try it sometime.
ignore the windgenny like you ignore your toddler.
you will be able to ignore it within a few minuets. is not difficult. however itis easier to ***** piss and moan about the manner in which other folks save money and use free energy.
you must be jealous of those with wind generation capability in pnw.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

formosa 41, cruising tropics

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #53 of 76 Old 01-16-2018

I just...don't know what to say lol. Calm down.

As I already explained, I didn't say a word about wind generators. You're having a rage stroke at the wrong person. You have made a very simple mistake. Just go back through the thread and read. It wasn't I who complained about wind generator noise. I was the guy recommending someone buy a generator! I even posted a video!

MarkofSeaLife likes this.

post #54 of 76 Old 01-16-2018

Insisting everyone in a shared environment keep it quiet just because you like it that way, or thinking your being there first gives extra rights,

does seem a very western-first-world bourgeois attitude to me.

Not at all how 99% of the rest of the world sees it.
post #55 of 76 Old 01-16-2018

No idea what you're talking about.

For the record, I am a proponent of generators on boats. I have no problem with wind generators. The only thing I commented on was loud stereos blasting country music. And I stand by that.

I don't understand what's happening here lol.
zeehag likes this.

post #56 of 76 Old 01-16-2018

Hi, everyone. I think we are getting a little off-topic here, and it would be good to tone down the acrimony a tad... The OP's question has largely been answered: a generator is generally required to run AC on a boat of the size he owns, although I found Gary's swamp cooler design to be a very ingenious alternative. As for the rest - respect, courtesy and discretion is always advisable when making noise (generators, music, hailing from boat to boat, etc.) in a quiet anchorage. In my personal experience, most cruisers have enough common sense to figure out what is acceptable. I think we can put this thread to bed.
post #57 of 76 Old 01-16-2018

Dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by amwbox View Post
The only thing I commented on was loud stereos blasting country music. And I stand by that.
I agree.

I'm always mystified why some people go into a natural environment and play music.

Nature is beautiful. Listen to the music of the sea, the bush, the animals and birds. Or if there's total silence listen to it.

Wonderful.
SanderO, zeehag and amwbox like this.

Sea Life
Notes on a Circumnavigation:

People can say they want freedom, but offer them the keys to what chains them, a map to where they want to go,
And they'll turn it down for the cell they know
post #58 of 76 Old 01-16-2018

They are looking for a quick party release from what they normally do.
They don't know.

Or the stripper onboard needs tunes/a beat to workout on the mast....
post #59 of 76 Old 01-16-2018
bell ringer

far as the air flow when anchored out

This past summer I spent LOTS of days on anchor on a mooring where the current controlled the direction the boat pointed into way beyond the wind to the point that there wasn't airflow through the boat. Those normally were the hot humid nasty days.

Don't blow air up my rear, be useful and blow it at the sails!
post #60 of 76 Old 01-16-2018

Heres a pic of a power boater at a quiet anchorage I was at this summer that thought his Honda 2000 was so quiet he only needed to run a 100 foot extension cord to get it away from him.
Attached Thumbnails
genny.png  
Minnewaska and RegisteredUser like this.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in