Ac on a mooring - Page 8 - SailNet Community
 55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 76 Old 01-17-2018

Re: Ac on a mooring

I successfully power my 6k btu window unit off a Honda 2k generator when on the hook. But that tends to be just a couple overnights on a weekend. For long term I don't know what one would do. That would seem to require a larger more substantial generator. As an option do you have shade covers for the boat? I have a set that hangs in two pieces from the rigging and covers everything but the cockpit... helps a lot in our dog day months of July/August.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 76 Old 01-17-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisysDriver View Post
I successfully power my 6k btu window unit off a Honda 2k generator when on the hook.
My dock neighbor powers his 16k marine unit with his Honda 2000. 6k would be a piece of cake.

Catalina 34
post #73 of 76 Old 01-18-2018
snake charmer, cat herder

Location: refitting a formosa in exotic tropical locations....

Send a message via Yahoo to zeehag Send a message via Skype™ to zeehag

the use of wind gens in short term anchoring is ridiculous. UNLESS you are a long range cruiser recharging and refitting. then go for it.
when you find self grousing about wind gens and honda gens, ye need to get a change of scenery. travel, see what is out here. use nature donot bitch when others do.
hondas cannot be heard a boat length away from you, so ..let that rest. it could be diesel fumes into your forepeak or vee berth. all night. it could even be nature silently beautiful as you drink more booze filled self proclaimed delights.
you will still grouse.
take it out of town for a change of scenery. get back refreshed. get away from the dockmates with whom you share beliefs and ideas...get some STRANGE for your boat.
praise free energy and thank for the beauty of the anchorage you are so privileged to be allowed to use.
enjoy the underlying serenity, if there is any.
hard to find serenity in a citified anchorage in usa. find something to relax your soul despite your proximity to other citified folks unable or unwiling to leave their busy home waters.
if you are city folk seeking serenity and peace, go out of city into isolation in country so you appreciate the peace. city folks donot drive far out of town, they miss their noises and hustles. music must be that which is their favorite.
ambient music becomes noise pollution, not enjoyment of a different culture without the cover charge.
many seem to deeply miss their landanchors.

with completely peaceful anchorages comes the requirement of dealing with self.. perhaps that could be one reason for their abject misery in a wind gen and honda filled anchorage within city limits or 26 miles of home slip.
comments need not be addressed to someone..a quote is merely a quote, not necessarily addressing an individual.
if shoesies fit, proudly wear em.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

formosa 41, cruising tropics

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #74 of 76 Old 01-18-2018

[quoteIt's the same as my side of the story: she went out with me and went mad.

I am looking for a replacement. ][/quote]

Been with the same woman for 40 years, she's irreplaceable....... Thank God, I would hate to go through that learning curve again.
Maybe you should hook-up with Zee Hag. That would be a screaming match made for YouTube
travlin-easy likes this.
post #75 of 76 Old 01-18-2018

post #76 of 76 Old 01-18-2018
snake charmer, cat herder

Location: refitting a formosa in exotic tropical locations....

Send a message via Yahoo to zeehag Send a message via Skype™ to zeehag

Quote:
Originally Posted by contrarian View Post
[quoteIt's the same as my side of the story: she went out with me and went mad.

I am looking for a replacement. ]
Been with the same woman for 40 years, she's irreplaceable....... Thank God, I would hate to go through that learning curve again.
Maybe you should hook-up with Zee Hag. That would be a screaming match made for YouTube[/QUOTE]

hahahahaha presuming screaming could occur. more likely i wont answer the knock on the hull.
i have too much work in front of me to concern myself with anyone else., much less admit them onto my boat.

formosa 41, cruising tropics

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in