Stack Pack battens? - Page 2 - SailNet Community
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 12 Old 1 Week Ago

Re: Stack Pack battens?

We have the stock Jeanneau stack pack, and it has what feel like about 1/2" rod battens. It does the job pretty well although there are a few changes I would like to make. The ropes are long enough so that you can ease them off and lash the rolled up bag to the boom, but the ropes are connected through eye splices and there is a lot of friction so they don't slip though smoothly and are hard to adjust. I will be replacing the rope with something nicer, and possibly using small blocks instead of eye splices. Also, there is nowhere to store the excess rope, so I end up daisy-chaining it and leaving it un top of the bag. A couple of little pockets to stow it in would be nice.

It does make dropping the sail really easy, although you do have to straighten the sail out a bit to make it fit neatly before you can zip the bag up. It sure beats trying to flake the sail on the boom unaided though!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

2011 Jeanneau 39i Azura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 Old 1 Week Ago

I copied the Doyle version and made my own. After watching the Sailrite video on their product I see mine is pretty much the same. I used 3/4" PVC for the battens and it works well. I used dark green Sunbrella to match the dodger but now wish I'd used white, it wouldn't look so funny with the sail up.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in