Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Narragansett Bay
Thanked 580 Times in 556 Posts
Rep Power: 11
Re: Current cost of teak deck and core repair
Personally, I think the only way to go is Teak Deck Systems, unless you have a quality local craftsman. There are a few very distinct costs.
1. Removing deck hardware and current teak decking. This is unskilled labor, but very time consuming.
2. Repairing any delaminated core and prepping the sub-deck. This is skilled labor.
3. Creating the template for the new deck. There is a kit and simple process. This is unskilled, but needs to be done carefully.
4. Buying the new deck, which will be available in various thicknesses and shipped to you, or your yard, in sections.
5. Installing the new deck and replacing hardware. This is skilled.
This is in my future and I’ve priced it out. Each have different labor and per square foot costs. I’ll have to dig it up. I’d suggest giving them a call, they’re very helpful.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.