why did they ever invent white decks? - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 Old 12-04-2007 Thread Starter

Talking why did they ever invent white decks?

I'm getting tired of cleaning the skuffs and marks on the deck; this isn't the bahamas so everyone doesn't walk around in bare feet. not to mention the 6 pound plops left behind by irritated herons. so here's the deal. i'm thinking fake grass carpet - the cheap stuff. it's plastic so never wears out, designed to be light-fast, good anti-slip, feels good on the bare feet, and looks ecological from a distance. greepeace should do it. glue it to the deck and never have to wax, polish, clean, and you can even walk on it with golf cleats no problem.

this is the stuff:

you can get it in a variety of colours; this one is marine blue of all things.

red peril
severodvinsk class russian submarine
364 feet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

our life afloat:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 12-04-2007
Larus Marinus

Getting the poop out will not be fun.
post #3 of 32 Old 12-04-2007
Telstar 28

My god...what the hell are you thinking... I hope you're not serious. First, the bird crap will make that stuff really nasty after a short time. Second it will be GOD-AWFUL UGLY... What are you? A powerboater???

Sailingdog

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.

post #4 of 32 Old 12-04-2007

I thought I was crazy for thinking about putting a wood parquet dance floor with disco ball on my 14x10 foot foredeck. Now I'm thinking cool, grass for the aft deck, it'll be like a lawn party

Any more ideas from the hilly billy contingent?
post #5 of 32 Old 12-04-2007

Send a message via Yahoo to Freesail99
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucklesR View Post
I thought I was crazy for thinking about putting a wood parquet dance floor with disco ball on my 14x10 foot foredeck. Now I'm thinking cool, grass for the aft deck, it'll be like a lawn party

Any more ideas from the hilly billy contingent?

I may pay money to see you dancing on that,lol

S/V Scheherazade
-----------------------
I had a dream, I was sailing, I was happy, I was even smiling. Then I looked down and saw that I was on a multi-hull and woke up suddenly in a cold sweat.
post #6 of 32 Old 12-04-2007

I'm with dog on this one. You guys are starting to scare me

post #7 of 32 Old 12-04-2007

Like I said, thinking about it, plenty of room to dance, easy to rig (it would be a folding floor that goes back into the sail locker.
The palm tree (3 trunks, with lights) on the bow was a big hit at raft ups, sort of ruined my night vision while sailing around tho. Wish I had a picture of it here at work.

What do ya'll think about about having a sun screen that looks like a big toothy grin across the forward window, and another with two eyes across the dog house window? Wife is making them up now....
Attached Thumbnails
TEMP_MIDDLE_r1_c1.jpg  
post #8 of 32 Old 12-04-2007
Sailing Junkie

If you go with the astroturf then your dog won't have to go to shore!!! But then you'll have dog *#@% all imbedded in your turf and it'll smell like pee!!!
post #9 of 32 Old 12-04-2007
Seńor Member

"art is the smelly stuff caught in the tire treads of reality"

There's an unspoken rule that no matter where the Hoff posts his threads, it's considered Off-Topic . . . takes joy in giving sailingdog atomic wedgies.

True Blue . . .
sold the Nauticat
post #10 of 32 Old 12-04-2007
Telstar 28

Chuckles--

Can't wait to see photos of that... Don't forget to make the eyes bloodshot...

TB-

The sad part is I think the poor man has gone senile and is serious about astroturfing his deck. I believe his family can get a mental competency hearing on that alone...

Sailingdog

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in