SailNet Community

SailNet Community (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Gear & Maintenance (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/)
-   -   Air Head Composting Toilet or Similar Mfg. (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/93113-air-head-composting-toilet-similar-mfg.html)

MedSailor 10-07-2014 07:11 PM

Re: Regarding complaint re Airhead Customer Service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdw (Post 2256882)
Airhead have claimed that SVFormosa's complaint is at worst unjust, at best exaggerated. From copies of documents we have seen that appears to be the case. Ergo SVFormosa's post detailing the complaint has been editted.

Thanks fuzz. I would have expected better from a Formosa owner. ;)

People who blast a business with their first post nearly never turn out to be what they seem. Now me on the other hand, I've got a history here.... who should I blast?

MedSailor

brokesailor 02-22-2015 08:54 AM

Re: Air Head Composting Toilet or Similar Mfg.

Reading about the Nature's Head: the head vent to the outside using a mushroom vent: does that affect the water integrity of the boat when sailing hard to weather if the vent is forward of the beam?

MikeOReilly 02-22-2015 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brokesailor (Post 2597241)
Reading about the Nature's Head: the head vent to the outside using a mushroom vent: does that affect the water integrity of the boat when sailing hard to weather if the vent is forward of the beam?

Depends on where it is located, and the characteristics of your boat, and how you sail it I suppose. In our case, I replaced the old holding tank deck drain cap with a mushroom vent. It is possible for us to take enough water over the rail and onto the deck to have water enter, but so far this has never happened. If we were facing large enough breaking seas I'd just close the mushroom vent.

Rhapsody-NS27 02-22-2015 10:19 AM

I installed a mushroom vent when I installed my Airhead. if seas are bad enough, a few twists and it's closed. I like that I went with the mushroom vent rather than a taller dorade box.

Dale Forrest 03-09-2015 12:37 AM

I saw this thread and have just read through all of the posts.

Thanks to all for sharing your experiences about the composting toilet. Lori & I had looked at one of them at the Annapolis show and were considering converting our original system to one of them this year. We will be installing the new toilet and removing all of the hoses, holding tank and pumps etc. We think we have decided on the Air head and will be looking again at the Annapolis show this year in October. We hope to have our new boat ready to launch at the end of this year.

Dale & Lori