SailNet Community

SailNet Community (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   RV parts, boat parts, same thing right? (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/178290-rv-parts-boat-parts-same-thing-right.html)

UnionPacific 12-04-2014 03:21 PM

RV parts, boat parts, same thing right?

deltaten 12-05-2014 12:18 PM

Re: RV parts, boat parts, same thing right?

If it weren't for all that junk hanging off the back; wouldn't be a bad looking boat ! ;)
Getrid of the fly bridge and the "roof"over the stern and havva good sail :D
AFA "RV vs marine"? Mostly the tag affixed to the back and the $$ Sure; there's some stuff that's not suitable for boats; but really..how much diff? Enuff to warrant the (usually extreme)price increase?

TakeFive 12-06-2014 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deltaten (Post 2415946)
If it weren't for all that junk hanging off the back; wouldn't be a bad looking boat ! ;)
Getrid of the fly bridge and the "roof"over the stern and havva good sail :D

The "junk" that you refer to would be davits, dinghy, and solar panel? Yeah, totally unnecessary for a long-term cruiser. :rolleyes:

There is no fly bridge - that's another boat behind this one. And the "roof" that you refer to is more solar panels. Probably necessary to be able to run the AC off solar power like he claims.

Faster 12-06-2014 12:41 AM

That's a FAROUTisland 46!.. I doubt Morgan envisioned that one!

boatpoker 12-06-2014 07:32 AM

I like the unsecured propane tank right next to the mushroom vent.

deltaten 12-06-2014 08:32 AM

TakeFive;
Yeah, you're right. the fly *is* not included :D Given the rest of the accoutrements,it's a wonder it doesn't have a fly, tho. ;)
It's listed as a "trawler/pilothouse, so I suppose it's OK to have a solar farm erected on scaffolding? ;) I wasn'necessarily questioning the equipment to the stern; just the design. I guess there is no other way to sport alla that silicon? :)
Barring that, I still like her (unadorned) looks. . I do wonder just. how much assist ya can get from the sail plan?

UnionPacific 12-06-2014 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TakeFive (Post 2417138)
Probably necessary to be able to run the AC off solar power like he claims.

Ah yes, nothing like a home AC unit to let you know the boat is water tight. I think those home AC units will be in the salon if the boat gets pooped.

Am I the only one who noticed the sails, running rigging, are gone? I didn't even see a deck winch.

As for the rv/marine parts I was directly referencing the ungimbled stove, and the propane fridge that vents to where?

miatapaul 12-07-2014 09:49 AM

I really like the "companion way" full height storm door.

UnionPacific 12-07-2014 10:26 AM

If I were in the market for a trawler, I would offer $4000 for this mess, would be a nice loop boat, but worth almost nothing.