Best tow service/package? - Page 3 - SailNet Community
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 24 Old 01-07-2015
Owned by Velcro

Re: Best tow service/package?

I would not let those clowns from Seatow anywhere near my boats. Tow boat US is a whole different thing.

ATB

Michael

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 Old 01-07-2015

Med::: since you are in the Puget sound give Vessel Assist Company a call. We use them here in Gig Harbor and they cover other areas. They are local and have heard the service is very fast: IE: They have many boats.
post #23 of 24 Old 01-10-2015

TowBoatUS is one of the cheapest pieces of insurance on the water. Get it every year. Crazy not to.

I've needed them only once and it was just a few years ago. Engine ate the impeller right outside the breakwater. I dropped the hook, replaced it, but could not get it to prime and was afraid I would do damage if it lost cooling water on way in. I am convinced, btw, that mechanics at my yard caused this problem, but that's a longer story.

We were hipped towed, side by side, back in. Yes, total feeling of humiliation, even though I know this wasn't my doing. Still, you mentally feel all eyes from shore are watching.

I say to the tow vessel skipper that I feel self conscious. Without a seconds hesitation, he says "tell everyone you were towing me back in"
MedSailor and travlineasy like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.

post #24 of 24 Old 01-10-2015

Here on the east shore of Lake Michigan there's no Seatow at all, and only one TowBoatUS operation (which the owner tried to sell to me last year, so I think he's gone as well.) Luckily we're in pretty safe waters and there's lots of friendly, helpful boaters around. You can usually get a short tow in for free which is probably why the Boat US guy was trying to get out.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in