Florida is at it again - Page 30 - SailNet Community
 113Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #291 of 471 Old 10-15-2015
Shanachie, Bristol 30

Re: Florida is at it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionPacific View Post
Agreed. As a fat middle age man with a gun I prefer the south.
I gotz me a Bible, a God, a gun, a dog, and freedom. This is why the civil war happened, people from up north thought they knew better.
The bad news, for you, is the north has turned their guns into welfare cash, so the south will win this one. Enjoy sailing in the snow. FWIW Bahamas is cool with guns too, so don't go there neither. I hear Venezuela is nice in the winter, and no guns!
Ever hear of sarcasm?

My point is that the casual racism of Group 9's comment has no place on Sailnet or anyplace else, for that matter.

Every group has its good and bad people -- white, black, Asian, Jewish, Arab and everyone else. Making offensive comments about an entire ethnic group based on the actions of a few is ignorant.

You want to say bad things about black people? It's easy enough to say equally awful things about white people and every other ethnic group, based on the behavior of some members of the group.

For another example, people could be complaining about the poor Southern whites who comprise most of the people living on derelict boats and are largely causing the anchoring problems in Florida. But they're not.

That is the point of my post.

Also, by the way, the only reason most of the Southern states are not part of the Third World is that Washington sends them many billions of Northern tax dollars every year to help compensate for the widespread poverty among white and black residents. Only Texas and Florida pay their own way.

You could look it up, if you read.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #292 of 471 Old 10-16-2015
Schooner Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by shananchie View Post
For another example, people could be complaining about the poor Southern whites who comprise most of the people living on derelict boats and are largely causing the anchoring problems in Florida.
I have met some. Unless they forgot how to have an accent, they are not originally from the south. They are transplants.

Quote:

That is the point of my post.

Also, by the way, the only reason most of the Southern states are not part of the Third World is that Washington sends them many billions of Northern tax dollars every year to help compensate for the widespread poverty among white and black residents. Only Texas and Florida pay their own way.

You could look it up, if you read.
I live in FL, so I cannot speak for other southern states. I have only visited, and only so brief a time that I could not make such observations. Of course if they send money to help them, please stop sending it. People can and will take care of themselves when the government stop providing everything for them.

As for the derlicts, sink them. They they can move back to land and be a land problem with the rest of the lazy homeless people.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following User Says Thank You to UnionPacific For This Useful Post:
sharkbait (11-03-2015)
post #293 of 471 Old 10-18-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallard View Post
Is this some kind of bad joke? This comment and the Group9 comment to which it responds are out of line for this thread. This isn't about political correctness (rednecks are people, too) but about civility (or lack thereof.)
No, it's political correctness heading to its ultimate goal: no debate on anything.
It was an analogy and trying to make a point.

Sometimes, I just forget how politically correct and easy to offend so much of the world has become. I will endeavor to remember that here.
Sal Paradise likes this.

On the northern Gulf of Mexico.

"Best thing to do is get her out on the ocean. If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there." Captain Ron Rico

Last edited by Group9; 10-18-2015 at 02:21 PM.

post #294 of 471 Old 10-18-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Group9 View Post
No, it's political correctness heading to its ultimate goal: no debate on anything.
It was an analogy and trying to make a point.

Sometimes, I just forget how politically correct and easy to offend so much of the world has become. I will endeavor to remember that here.
If you want to debate an issue, please stick to the issue. Invoking a racial or ethnic "analog" confuses the issue IMHO.
post #295 of 471 Old 11-03-2015
Boat Bum

No wife, no kids, no debt.

Last edited by sharkbait; 02-01-2016 at 09:03 PM.
post #296 of 471 Old 11-03-2015
Schooner Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbait View Post
I dont understand why so many people want to be in Fl. Passports arent that expensive. I much prefer the Bahamas.
I think Bahamas would have a lot more visitors if they lower the $300 check-in fee.

post #297 of 471 Old 11-03-2015
Boat Bum

No wife, no kids, no debt.

Last edited by sharkbait; 02-01-2016 at 09:02 PM.
post #298 of 471 Old 11-03-2015
Schooner Captain

It should be $150 for anyone under 50m.

post #299 of 471 Old 11-03-2015

Quote:
I think Bahamas would have a lot more visitors if they lower the $300 check-in fee.
And yet, I'll bet you spend more than that to stay tied up to a dock in St Augustine each month... Go figure... ;-)

Yup, the Bahamians have their priorities backwards, alright... Just imagine the vast amount of untapped wealth among those who might balk at paying the present price of admission...

...when compared to so many of those currently cluttering up places like the Exumas...

Quote:
It should be $150 for anyone under 50m.
I suspect your tenure as Minister of Bahamian Tourism would not be a lengthy one...

;-)

Last edited by JonEisberg; 11-03-2015 at 09:48 PM.
post #300 of 471 Old 11-03-2015
Schooner Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEisberg View Post
Yup, the Bahamians have their priorities backwards, alright... Just imagine the vast amount of untapped wealth among those who might balk at paying the present price of admission...

...when compared to so many of those currently cluttering up places like the Exumas...

Good point, but that little boat would only be 150. So make them all 300 then?

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in