Florida is at it again - Page 38 - SailNet Community
 113Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #371 of 471 Old 12-17-2015

Re: Florida is at it again

Quote:
Get a job and buy your own million dollar views, or at the very least keep your desperate attempts at obtaining paradise on a Burger King budget down the waterway a piece (200' sounds like a decent start..).
My million-dollar waterfront view is probably better than your million-dollar waterfront view, Skippy, and Mommy and Daddy didn't buy if for me, either.
You don't have a better argument than to whine that people are enjoying their rights to anchor contrary to your needs for backyard gazing pleasure. Point made. They're being inconsiderate by not boating as decorously as you do. I'm sure none of your neighbors have ever smelled your cooking or heard you squabble with your partner.
You bought--or otherwise acquired--something that most people with or without boats will never be able to own. The view is yours. The things you view aren't. You chose to live adjacent to a public anchorage. Grow up and stop your entitled whining, or sell and move.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #372 of 471 Old 12-17-2015
2005 Gemini 105Mc

Quote:
The human terms being that if you put aside your own selfish demands for leisure and recreation for a minute,
I'll only address this part. Then, if this forum has an ignore button, you are at the top of my list..............

Anchoring, while cruising, is not for my leisure and recreation. Rather it is for my safety and security. I use my boat to travel from place to place, as you might in your car. Would you stop your vehicle in a dangerous place because you were told you couldn't stop in a safe place. I think not.............

And with that, well, bye.............

“Any fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk.” -Sir Francis Chichester
post #373 of 471 Old 12-17-2015
You really are funny!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VallelyJ View Post
My million-dollar waterfront view is probably better than your million-dollar waterfront view, Skippy, and Mommy and Daddy didn't buy if for me, either.
You don't have a better argument than to whine that people are enjoying their rights to anchor contrary to your needs for backyard gazing pleasure. Point made. They're being inconsiderate by not boating as decorously as you do. I'm sure none of your neighbors have ever smelled your cooking or heard you squabble with your partner.
You bought--or otherwise acquired--something that most people with or without boats will never be able to own. The view is yours. The things you view aren't. You chose to live adjacent to a public anchorage. Grow up and stop your entitled whining, or sell and move.
Captain Onions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavyJ View Post
if this forum has an ignore button, you are at the top of my list

And with that, well, bye.............
Does this mean you're not going to ask me to the Sadie Hawkins dance?

post #374 of 471 Old 12-18-2015

Trol alert!
Move along. Nothing happening here.

S/V Deja Vu
CS 40
post #375 of 471 Old 12-18-2015
You really are funny!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrafford View Post
Trol alert!
Move along. Nothing happening here.
I don't think either one of those posters are trolling, even though I disagree with their opinions (and personal insults), I believe they are sincere.
post #376 of 471 Old 12-30-2015 Thread Starter
Mermaid Hunter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sail fast and eat well, dave S/V Auspicious

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

beware "cut and paste" sailors

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #377 of 471 Old 12-30-2015 Thread Starter
Mermaid Hunter

The 2016 session of the Florida legislature starts in a few weeks. There is already a bill in work behind the scenes to limit anchoring. *sigh* SSCA Concerned Cruisers Committee is collecting information and I will report here as more is known.

sail fast and eat well, dave S/V Auspicious

beware "cut and paste" sailors

post #378 of 471 Old 12-30-2015
2005 Gemini 105Mc

More incoming BS:

HB 1051:

Florida House of Representatives - HB 1051 - Recreational Boating Zones

Bill Text:

http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sectio...1&Session=2016

And some people thought it was just about derelicts.............

“Any fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk.” -Sir Francis Chichester
post #379 of 471 Old 12-30-2015

Quote:
More incoming BS:

HB 1051:

Florida House of Representatives - HB 1051 - Recreational Boating Zones

Bill Text:

http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sectio...1&Session=2016

And some people thought it was just about derelicts.............
Checked out the areas affected and have to wonder why the "BS" reference.

With the exception of East Pass/Crab Island, these are TINY areas in close proximity to residences, where an anchored boat (allowing for swinging room) either could not or would be hard pressed to stay more than 200' from a residential shore. Changing the buffer to 150', say, would not significantly open these areas.

East Pass would be a different situation where safe navigability of the pass may be impacted. Not familiar enough with that area to have an opinion, though.

I'm all for minimal restrictions on anchoring, but the proposed House Bill does not seem an unreasonable compromise for the East coast areas affected.
post #380 of 471 Old 12-30-2015

Quote:
.....And some people thought it was just about derelicts.............
If this is the way you poke your most sympathetic audience in the eye, at the slightest disagreement, you must be the cause's biggest nightmare. Bad attitudes never get anything constructive done. They fight to the death, until they die. The government system can't be killed.

They've come up with an interesting new approach. Not a set back, just an overnight prohibition, as opposed to a total prohibition, in defined waters. I'm curious how they'll argue the merits of it. I don't need to be lectured on what's really going on, this battle is about how the system works.

Boaters need to be more clever than the opposition and I'm not seeing it.
fallard likes this.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in