Need list things to have on boat. - SailNet Community
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 Old 03-27-2015 Thread Starter

Need list things to have on boat.

I hope to sail Some like Ft Myers to Keys and would like to know if there is a list of thing good to have on the boat. I know the seafty things you must have but things to have for days out and on the trip. I am not up on this type of cruising and can use the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 03-27-2015
The most female moderator

Dock
Re: Need list things to have on boat.

Food
Water
First aid kit
Clothing
Spare parts
Tools

I think I'm a little confused about the question.

Donna

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRBS
Rock Hall, MD
KB3ZCB

If you're helping someone and expecting something in return, you're doing business not kindness.
post #3 of 24 Old 03-27-2015
Trailer Sailer Moderator

kidcoolers -

I have a comprehensive list for you. Go through this and you'll be all set.

Best list I've found
kidkoolers likes this.

post #4 of 24 Old 03-27-2015
Learning the HARD way...

I see that Donna beat me to this... I actually typed the food & water, but deleted because I didn't want to sound snarky;

However, here is what I would start the list with
#1 - a knowledgeable skipper
#2 - a current chart
#3 - a depth sounder
paul323 likes this.

USCG Licensed OUPV Captain, ASA 101/103/104/105/106/114/118 Instructor - Also certified in Marine Electrical Systems

post #5 of 24 Old 03-27-2015
El Chupa Nibre

LOL Rez.

Personally, I recommend a roll of carpet, several bags of cement, and a Galaga arcade cabinet. You know, for your own seafty.
Bruce3966 likes this.
post #6 of 24 Old 03-27-2015
The most female moderator

Dock

I didn't mean to sound snarky. I suppose my confusion is if you're asking what to take on a trip like that, then you aren't ready to make the trip and haven't done near enough research or sailing to be safe out there.

Based on this question now I'm curious as to what items are on his list of safety gear. From his other threads, the boat he's planning to make this voyage on is a Catalina 25 with a 5 hp (possibly) outboard.

Donna

Catalina 30 TRBS
Rock Hall, MD
KB3ZCB

If you're helping someone and expecting something in return, you're doing business not kindness.
post #7 of 24 Old 03-27-2015
Learning the HARD way...

Donna, you don't come across as being snarky - ever! Me, on the other hand...

I just saw, and posted to, kidkoolers other threads, and believe that my suggestion #1 would be most helpful.

USCG Licensed OUPV Captain, ASA 101/103/104/105/106/114/118 Instructor - Also certified in Marine Electrical Systems

post #8 of 24 Old 03-27-2015
arrgh!

Dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute_ZS View Post
kidcoolers -

I have a comprehensive list for you. Go through this and you'll be all set.

Best list I've found
I never understand the need people have to do this...

second it assumes the first poster didn't know of a thing called google

But first of all, the poster comes here, and respectfully asks a forum with many seasoned sailors to share their wisdom.

Is that a bad thing>?

Vector X Y
post #9 of 24 Old 03-27-2015

You need drinking water. That's all, really, beyond all the sailing stuff to actually move the boat to the next port. All the other stuff on the list will become apparent as you move along. Just go.

Ask cruiser what you need? Hahhahaha. Ever see a cruiser's boat? Tomato plants, cats, dogs, motorbikes, seashell collections, etc, etc. You'll never go.

"...there are two kinds of opinions, those based upon tradition ... and those having something in their favor." B. Russell
post #10 of 24 Old 03-28-2015
Trailer Sailer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by titustiger27 View Post
I never understand the need people have to do this...

second it assumes the first poster didn't know of a thing called google

But first of all, the poster comes here, and respectfully asks a forum with many seasoned sailors to share their wisdom.

Is that a bad thing>?
Oh, come off it. The OP took it as a joke - he even "Liked" the post. Aside from the couple snarky comments in this thread, he has some good information. He also has a couple other topics open right now where he's also gaining some knowledge.

I wish him the best of luck and a pleasant weather window. He sounds like someone in good spirits who will enjoy the journey.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in