New Sailing Podcast - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 10-06-2015 Thread Starter
Steve&Brandy-SV Wiki Honu

New Sailing Podcast

We recently started a podcast about coastal and offshore cruising, and our progress as we plan to one day cast off the lines for long term cruising.

We just released our sixth episode. It features an interview with Jeff & Jean from Two Can Sail Couples Cruising Seminars. They shared a lot of great info on prepping to cruise.

Let us know if you have any suggestions for the show. People to interview, topics, products, etc.

We had several listener requests to hear about interesting coastal / lake cruising areas around the country. So, if you do short term coastal or lake cruising, reply or send us a PM and we may interview you for the show.

We have found that many fellow sailors, family and friends have no idea what a podcast is or how to access it. Essentially, it is a free online pre-recorded sailing radio show. If you are interested in listening you can access the show on our blog, The Sailing Rode or search for The Sailing Rode on iTunes.

- Steve & Brandy - The Sailing Rode Podcast

Steve - The Sailing Rode Podcast
From Local Cruising to Global Cruising

Last edited by TheSailingRode; 10-06-2015 at 06:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-07-2015

Re: New Sailing Podcast

I found your podcast a little while ago on the stitcher app and enjoy it - there's few sailing podcasts that are updated regularly so thank you.

1985 Catalina 30 Std Rig "A Cenoura"
itsACenoura.tumblr.com
post #3 of 9 Old 10-08-2015 Thread Starter

Philzy, Thanks for listening! Let us know if you have any show ideas or suggestions to improve the show. Also, good to hear that people are finding it on Stitcher.

post #4 of 9 Old 10-09-2015

Listened to the first episode. Liked it. Thanks.

I'd suggest less compression if possible. Audio quality was strained at times. But liked it just the same.
post #5 of 9 Old 10-10-2015 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gptyk View Post
Listened to the first episode. Liked it. Thanks.

I'd suggest less compression if possible. Audio quality was strained at times. But liked it just the same.
Thanks for listening and the feedback. I was really clueless on the sound for that first podcast. Please listen to the latest episode and let me know if you think the sound is better. Ignore the interview sound as that was our first interview and some settings in the recording software did not produce the sound quality that we were hearing during the interview. We are still learning, but hopefully improving with each episode.

post #6 of 9 Old 10-12-2015

I'm up to episode 5 or so. Yup, the audio definitely got better. It's a good podcast.

It's interesting to hear how much you like the 26m. Being a weekend cruiser myself, I'm very limited to destinations that are close to my slip. (Catalina 30's aren't exactly trailerable)

60mph to your next destination is quite enviable.
post #7 of 9 Old 10-13-2015 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gptyk View Post
I'm up to episode 5 or so. Yup, the audio definitely got better. It's a good podcast.

It's interesting to hear how much you like the 26m. Being a weekend cruiser myself, I'm very limited to destinations that are close to my slip. (Catalina 30's aren't exactly trailerable)

60mph to your next destination is quite enviable.
I am glad to hear the sound is improving, we are doing some testing to improve the next interview sound.

The 26M has been a great boat for us. This weekend we are taking it over to Tampa (120 miles away) and sailing down to Sarasota and at the end of the month we are taking it to Key West (400 miles away). Cruising at 60 miles an hour opens up a lot of cruising grounds. The 26M also has a great layout. The full time queen sized bed aft is great. I also think it is fun to sail and when we want to get somewhere quick on the water, we dump the ballast and run at 15 knots.

Thanks for the support. Please spread the word with your sailing friends.

post #8 of 9 Old 10-13-2015
Broad Reachin'

Good podcast, Steve and Brandy. Glad to have another sailing related podcast to listen to during commutes and passages! The duel host format reminds me of the old FurledSails podcast, which is a good thing.

Feel free to get in touch if you're interested in hearing about Great Lakes cruising or just want to get back to Steve's roots.

Catalina 34

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 9 Old 10-24-2015 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaltersmi View Post
Good podcast, Steve and Brandy. Glad to have another sailing related podcast to listen to during commutes and passages! The duel host format reminds me of the old FurledSails podcast, which is a good thing.

Feel free to get in touch if you're interested in hearing about Great Lakes cruising or just want to get back to Steve's roots.
Thanks! I will definitely reach out soon. It would be great to do a show about cruising the great lakes. We have several interviews lined up through mid-November, but will get something set before the end of the year.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in