anyone else suffer with underwear malfunctions? - Page 2 - SailNet Community
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 26 Old 11-06-2015
Remember you're a womble

Re: anyone else suffer with underwear malfunctions?

Grundies with decent leg elastic. Job done.

Orange Crush
1974 C&C27 MkII

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 Old 11-06-2015
Master Mariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogie Nights View Post
No, I don't wear boxers, I'm a lady.
Not to be rude, but there is a facebook site called "Women who sail" where your problem might get a bit more experienced response.

"Any idiot can make a boat go; it takes a sailor to stop one." Spike Africa aboard the schooner Wanderer in Sausalito, Ca. 1964.
“Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.” ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

facebook.com/svskippingstone
post #13 of 26 Old 11-07-2015 Thread Starter

I'm astounded by the deadpan reponses, to what essentially is a bit of friday fun.

Sure I could go to talk to women about serious matters of the underwear afflicted. but that's kinda missing the point.

I live on a boat and quite like not having to wear anything "special", ie, I come home from work, cast off the lines and go for a sail.
I don't want to have to think about having to get changed right down to the bare essentials simply because they're not up to the job, despite them looking simply gorgeous and match my complexion and everything.

post #14 of 26 Old 11-07-2015

I personally think that British humor is why the colonies seceded.
capta likes this.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
post #15 of 26 Old 11-07-2015

Sounds like you need an implementation manager......somebody who will oversee the re-fit and install, then be ready to lend a helping hand if/when technical difficulties arise.
post #16 of 26 Old 11-07-2015

Quote:
I'm astounded by the deadpan reponses, to what essentially is a bit of friday fun.

Sure I could go to talk to women about serious matters of the underwear afflicted. but that's kinda missing the point.

I live on a boat and quite like not having to wear anything "special", ie, I come home from work, cast off the lines and go for a sail.
I don't want to have to think about having to get changed right down to the bare essentials simply because they're not up to the job, despite them looking simply gorgeous and match my complexion and everything.
I think that's just the nature of the beast.. the sailing environment (wet) is generally different than the work environment (for me at least, is quite dry). Wearing an under-fouly garment that's not tight fitting is like wearing underwear under your bike shorts- it's going to crawl around and when it's damp down there, it'll stick and not spring back into place. I almost always wear a simple pair of surfer shorts or sailing shorts under my foulies, if I wear them at all.. We sail in warm waters in a protected bay, so almost never wear foulies unless I know it's going to be raining (or really breezy) AND cold.

I hope that's at least a little helpful?

Ray
post #17 of 26 Old 11-07-2015

Maybe you could reduce the friction by getting a brazilian?

"Your dreams minus your doubts equals your net worth"

Life is a short journey, filled with emptiness and pain. Get all the sailing and booty you can.
post #18 of 26 Old 11-07-2015
Old enough to know better

Quote:

Well I take my comfort quite seriously! I got sick of soggy bottoms and the inherent unpleasantness. Not to mention the shrinkage it caused!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG2dF5PS0bI
SailRedemption likes this.

1976 C&C 33
Project boat, lots of work to be done!
post #19 of 26 Old 11-07-2015
Master Mariner

Quote:

Yeah as humor, I guess that went right over my head. But being neither a woman nor British, I think my suggestion was meant to help someone having a difficult time, not making lame attempts at humor.

"Any idiot can make a boat go; it takes a sailor to stop one." Spike Africa aboard the schooner Wanderer in Sausalito, Ca. 1964.
“Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.” ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows

facebook.com/svskippingstone
post #20 of 26 Old 11-07-2015 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatapaul View Post
Well I take my comfort quite seriously! I got sick of soggy bottoms and the inherent unpleasantness. Not to mention the shrinkage it caused!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG2dF5PS0bI
he he he, shrinkage.

One woman and her chihuahua attempting to find intergalactic oneness
somewhere by the South coast UK

visit the blog for the latest shenanigans

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in