What's new? - SailNet Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By cb32863

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 12-11-2015 Thread Starter
Lake Sailor

What's new?

Been a few years since I have been around these parts. Been a few other places and popped in every now and then in stealth mode. See a bunch of new folks and some old faces as well. Dang, Smack, change that avatar already...

A lil update on my end;

Sold the old & slow O'Day 25 to a kid that took her down the Mississippi as far as St. Louis. He plans on going all the way to NOLA next summer. Nice to be young and no responsibilities. I then bought a 1992 Beneteau First 235 WK. Hauled her back from Bradenton FL with my son last December. Was a bit of an adventure, it's documented in the blog here.

Been racing "Seeker" all summer and trying to get a program together. "Green on the boat + green crew = Fun Sailing" but, not the best results. Only way to go is up.

Anyway, thought I would say howdy and see what everyone else has been up to. Plan on being a bit more regular again.

Umquam Porro

Seeker 1992 Beneteau First 235

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-11-2015
Above 5 knots

Dock
Re: What's new?

Good to have you back... How you liking the Bennie First Trailerable? I've actually thought about selling my 7.9 and getting the 235, love the layout on it. Can't beat the size for trailering either.

MINI MOO, a 1983 Wavelength 24 - she's a fast cow!
post #3 of 7 Old 12-11-2015
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb32863 View Post
Been a few years since I have been around these parts. Been a few other places and popped in every now and then in stealth mode. See a bunch of new folks and some old faces as well. Dang, Smack, change that avatar already...

A lil update on my end;

Sold the old & slow O'Day 25 to a kid that took her down the Mississippi as far as St. Louis. He plans on going all the way to NOLA next summer. Nice to be young and no responsibilities. I then bought a 1992 Beneteau First 235 WK. Hauled her back from Bradenton FL with my son last December. Was a bit of an adventure, it's documented in the blog here.

Been racing "Seeker" all summer and trying to get a program together. "Green on the boat + green crew = Fun Sailing" but, not the best results. Only way to go is up.

Anyway, thought I would say howdy and see what everyone else has been up to. Plan on being a bit more regular again.
Hey CB - whazzap brotha?!?!?

Nice boat dude! I'll check out your blog.

Actually, I've been thinking about changing the avatar. Now that I've gained so much literary influence in the world of sailing as a true thought-leader, I was thinking of going with something like this:

Fitting don't you think?

Last edited by smackdaddy; 12-11-2015 at 02:18 PM.

post #4 of 7 Old 12-11-2015 Thread Starter
Lake Sailor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHNOOL View Post
Good to have you back... How you liking the Bennie First Trailerable? I've actually thought about selling my 7.9 and getting the 235, love the layout on it. Can't beat the size for trailering either.
Love my 235. Sooooo much better sailing, pointing, speed, all that good stuff. Very nice to buy new sails, mylar/kevlar genoa and a Dacron main, than bulkheads and deck core. Have a bunch of things on the list like genoa car controls without pins, traveller car swap out, etc... can't really go wrong with one I think.
smackdaddy likes this.

Umquam Porro

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 Old 12-11-2015 Thread Starter
Lake Sailor

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Hey CB - whazzap brotha?!?!?

Nice boat dude! I'll check out your blog.

Actually, I've been thinking about changing the avatar. Now that I've gained so much literary influence in the world of sailing as a true thought-leader, I was thinking of going with something like this:

Fitting don't you think?
Have at it Smack!

Umquam Porro

post #6 of 7 Old 12-11-2015
Tartan 27' owner

Hey dan,

Welcome back. Now that you mention it I notice that you have been away for a while.
Epic trailer story and quite a bonding opportunity for you and Stu. I'm glad the rims stayed on the trailer and you got home. It is always messier if the rims come off...

Too bad you missed Siesta Key beach near Sarasota. The sand is incredible there, lots of bikinis too.

"The cure for anything is salt water~ sweat, tears, or the sea." ~Isak Denesen

Everybody has one:

post #7 of 7 Old 12-11-2015 Thread Starter
Lake Sailor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebD View Post
Hey dan,

Welcome back. Now that you mention it I notice that you have been away for a while.
Epic trailer story and quite a bonding opportunity for you and Stu. I'm glad the rims stayed on the trailer and you got home. It is always messier if the rims come off...

Too bad you missed Siesta Key beach near Sarasota. The sand is incredible there, lots of bikinis too.
Hey Caleb, thanks. Was a good but very long trip.

Umquam Porro

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in