SailNet Community

SailNet Community (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   This is probably a complicated topic, but... (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/236961-probably-complicated-topic-but.html)

AAAC 12-31-2015 02:09 PM

Re: This is probably a complicated topic, but...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siamese (Post 3247441)
AAAC, you're either a troll, or just someone who can't be bothered to do the barest minimum amount of research or at least use the forum search function before asking (insert appropriate adjective here) questions.

If you're trying to make yourself unwelcome on a forum, I would say you are on your way to achieving that goal.

To anyone thinking I'm being a little harsh with AAAC, check his previous posts and observe the pattern of asking borderline silly questions and his imperviousness to the advice given.

I'm thinkin' troll.

Think what you want.

BTW, in bold above is precisely what I'm doing. If my posts offend you that much, please do everyone a favor and don't open them.

To the rest of the folks who've given me TONS of useful advice and pointed me in the right direction, I'm very appreciative. Peace.

MarkofSeaLife 12-31-2015 02:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by AAAC (Post 3247457)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Siamese (Post 3247441)
to do the barest minimum amount of research

BTW, in bold above is precisely what I'm doing.

So you admit to doing the barest minimum amount of research.
And you are just sponging off the good nature of folks here.

Where's the rolly eye emoticon?

sharkbait 12-31-2015 02:50 PM

Here's a link
Guns on Boats
FWIW I keep a pistol and shotgun aboard, no prblems in the Bahamas

centerline 12-31-2015 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAAC (Post 3247017)
I've found that search engines on most sites are lacking.

is it seriously that big of a deal to answer a question more than once.

two sentences, two problems....

the search engines DO work well on most sites, but its the keyboard operator that has either a deficiency of imagination in typing in the proper keyword, or persistence.... if one is lacking, the other usually is also...

as for answering the same questions, over and over and over and over and over..... it gets old fast, and like has been said, its running off the people that probably has the correct answers that you seek... WHY? because they eventually get bored with the same question all the time and just turn away from it...

but if one was to do some research on their own, they will either find the answer themselves, OR get enough education from the reading they do, to come up with a new spin to the question so they can present it in a way that hasnt been asked before. (a seemingly educated question)

its usually very easy to tell when someone has not done any research on the subject, by the way the question is asked... quick simple questions will always be answered promptly, but the more complex the question, the more education one should seek on their own before bothering the "experts" with a bunch of simple and boring questions... it may not be simple and boring to the novice, but to the "experts" it probably is, and few experts, the world over, have time for boring questions...

Minnewaska 12-31-2015 03:03 PM

I just plan to bash an intruder over the head with a Rocna next gen anchor, because the old CQRs, Deltas and Danforths all suck.

sharkbait 12-31-2015 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnewaska (Post 3247593)
I just plan to bash an intruder over the head with a Rocna next gen anchor, because the old CQRs, Deltas and Danforths all suck.

I can't wait for him to ask about anchoring :devil:devil

hellosailor 12-31-2015 04:04 PM

Used to be that if you entered Turkey with condoms or Playboy, they'd be seized and you'd be arrested for contraband.

Everything depends on venue and changing laws.

Guns?

No, really, the OP has an FFL and still needs to ask what might affect his transport of them, globally, without any specific details? Leave 'em home, you'll spend less on lawyers.

SVAuspicious 12-31-2015 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnewaska (Post 3247593)

Bashing intruders over the head is about all CQRs are good for, right? *grin*

Minnewaska 12-31-2015 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVAuspicious (Post 3247761)
Bashing intruders over the head is about all CQRs are good for, right? *grin*

My stainless CQR works well as boat jewelry. They are the prettiest, most delicate anchors. :)

They are the dumb gorgeous blonde of anchors. No use in battle.

Erindipity 12-31-2015 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minnewaska (Post 3247777)
My stainless CQR works well as boat jewelry. They are the prettiest, most delicate anchors. :)

They are the dumb gorgeous blonde of anchors...

I have heard Anchors described in many ways, but never in terms that may prove embarrassing if I suddenly had to stand up, in public.

CQR, CQR, you are prettier by far,
Than a Danforth, or a Fisherman, or a Bruce.
A strong firm grip on the nearest Sandbar...
But I quite enjoy it, when you finally let loose.

ČErindipity