123Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 227 Old 02-07-2016
Lake Sailor

Re: In praise of production boats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Nuff said...
So a boat sails around some islands coastal cruising...... oh, the sailgasm I am having...... Seriously, you will cherry pick anything to justify your opinion and your purchase reasons..... Guess Hunter is the only boat out there that can do what's in this video.. Gonna sell my 235 cause of this video.... damn, I was stupid in my purchase decision.... So distraught now.....

Umquam Porro

Seeker 1992 Beneteau First 235

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 227 Old 02-07-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb32863 View Post
So a boat sails around some islands coastal cruising...... oh, the sailgasm I am having...... Seriously, you will cherry pick anything to justify your opinion and your purchase reasons..
You have to just learn to ignore SmackDaddy. His mouth has already been proven to be bigger than his credibility.
cb32863 and seaner97 like this.

"Behind every great fortune there is a crime."
Honore de Balzac
French realist novelist (1799 - 1850)
post #93 of 227 Old 02-07-2016
Boat Hunter

Yikes. The snark level here and the personal attacks remind me of another forum where it is no longer even worth the time to try to read between the lines. The troll factor has risen sharply lately. Disappointing.

oysterman23 likes this.

"It doesn't matter if you sail across the marina, across a bay, down the ICW or across an ocean. Distance doesn't matter. It only matters that you are out on the water enjoying yourself and learning every day."

post #94 of 227 Old 02-07-2016
Banned

Quote:
So a boat sails around some islands coastal cruising...... oh, the sailgasm I am having...... Seriously, you will cherry pick anything to justify your opinion and your purchase reasons..... Guess Hunter is the only boat out there that can do what's in this video.. Gonna sell my 235 cause of this video.... damn, I was stupid in my purchase decision.... So distraught now.....
Did I say any of those things cb? Look at the title of the thread. These young punks are obviously having a BLAST using a production SAILboat as transportation - and it's a great video. That's praiseworthy in my book.

You might be a little hyper-sensitive.
bob77903 likes this.
post #95 of 227 Old 02-07-2016

Quote:
Did I say any of those things cb? Look at the title of the thread. These young punks are obviously having a BLAST using a production SAILboat as transportation - and it's a great video. That's praiseworthy in my book.

Niot at all smackypantz. I appreciate the newer hunter like anyone else (mebbe too much), and a catalina and the jeanneau and the beneteau (if the rudder post doesnt snap off and sink).

"Behind every great fortune there is a crime."
Honore de Balzac
French realist novelist (1799 - 1850)
post #96 of 227 Old 02-07-2016
Lake Sailor

Quote:

Its called sarcasm. Obviously you are incapable of seeing that. Here is the definition for you. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm?s=t

Also in your post to the thread "Hunters are cool!" over at SA, where you lifted the video from, you said, and I quote;

"All of the above is why I bought a Hunter.

Eat your hearts out fellas."

Trust me, there will be no heart eating in regards to this or anything else Hunter related..... Enjoy your 4kt SB.

Umquam Porro

Seeker 1992 Beneteau First 235

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #97 of 227 Old 02-07-2016
I can't re Member

Quote:

I hadn't seen that video before, but I have hiked up to a few of those viewpoints they were biking at. Brings back good memories, thanks for posting. The boat we were on was a Northsea 34 pilothouse, a decent boat for the PNW. I don't know the difference between production and non production, so I'm not weighing in on this thread.

goat
post #98 of 227 Old 02-08-2016
Banned

Quote:
Its called sarcasm. Obviously you are incapable of seeing that. Here is the definition for you. Sarcasm | Define Sarcasm at Dictionary.com

Also in your post to the thread "Hunters are cool!" over at SA, where you lifted the video from, you said, and I quote;

"All of the above is why I bought a Hunter.

Eat your hearts out fellas."

Trust me, there will be no heart eating in regards to this or anything else Hunter related..... Enjoy your 4kt SB.
You seem a little on edge cb. I don't recall ever scruffing with you, so this all seems a little...shrill.

What exactly is wrong with what I posted on SA - and what exactly does it have to do with anything here? BTW - did you actually not see the "sarcasm" in the statement itself - being on SA and everything? Think for a moment and read your definition a few more times. You might get it eventually. And feel free to jump into that thread over on SA. I don't mind a bit. It might be fun.

Speaking of SA and, as you say, my "4KSB" - I'll leave you with this...

BENETEAU 235 - 195
HUNTER 40 - 96

Yeah, that's what it rates. You were saying?

Last edited by smackdaddy; 02-08-2016 at 06:19 PM.
post #99 of 227 Old 02-08-2016

uh.. guys... that 'Trail Hunter' video is very well done, and shows off our geography pretty well. But there's no real 'Hunter'(sailboat) connection here. The Hunter used is probably coincidental. The main rider's name is Hunter.

He has a lot of other equally good biking vids on the toob, btw.. really great stuff, well produced
(and sponsored by Specialty - Bikes, not Yachts )
seaner97 likes this.

Ron

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
post #100 of 227 Old 02-08-2016
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post
uh.. guys... that 'Trail Hunter' video is very well done, and shows off our geography pretty well. But there's no real 'Hunter'(sailboat) connection here. The Hunter used is probably coincidental. The main rider's name is Hunter.

He has a lot of other equally good biking vids on the toob, btw.. really great stuff, well produced
(and sponsored by Specialty - Bikes, not Yachts )
Wait - there was a dude riding bikes? I just saw the Hunter 375 Yacht rippin' it up out there. I'll have to watch that again.

Last edited by smackdaddy; 02-08-2016 at 02:19 AM.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in