So... I have sort of a situation - Page 7 - SailNet Community
 66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 133 Old 06-05-2016

Re: So... I have sort of a situation

Is Victory going to leave now before we find out the end of the story? I've really been enjoying the saga.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 133 Old 06-05-2016
Fau
Possibly improving

Yes. This has been quite a saga!

Do or do not... There is no try.
post #63 of 133 Old 06-05-2016
One of None

We were all trolled enough to make to 3 pages where he finally insults us all not just a few

Sent from my NS-P16AT08 using Tapatalk

"Next best thing to not having a boat? The knowledge from having one!" Denise, Bristol PA, On Tidal Delaware River, Anchor Yacht Club.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My last project!

post #64 of 133 Old 06-05-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by deniseO30 View Post
We were all trolled enough to make to 3 pages where he finally insults us all not just a few
But we don't know the ending. I'm not going to get all bent out and lose the rest of the story. This was just plain fun!
post #65 of 133 Old 06-06-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMSVictory View Post
r u really all too thick not to realize that the guy only sank the ship because he had no one to tow him and didn't know an anchor from his ass(many of you might not) all he needed was someone there who knew what they are doing. And I have been sailing since I was a kid, and I live on a boat.ive owned maybe 4 or 5, I have a captains license and to tow a boat from port Everglades to government cut with more than double the original yanmar HP is no big deal. If anyone on here would be afraid to do it for lack of skills I'd call you a joke of a sailor
I don't think you can blame people on an online forum for some guy taking a completely wrecked derelict boat, trying to tow it somewhere where it wouldn't fit and then his tow boat dumping the line leaving him to drift away?

Liveaboard on a 1980 36' Hunter

post #66 of 133 Old 06-06-2016
Dirt Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMSVictory View Post
r u really all too thick not to realize that the guy only sank the ship because he had no one to tow him and didn't know an anchor from his ass(many of you might not) all he needed was someone there who knew what they are doing. And I have been sailing since I was a kid, and I live on a boat.ive owned maybe 4 or 5, I have a captains license and to tow a boat from port Everglades to government cut with more than double the original yanmar HP is no big deal. If anyone on here would be afraid to do it for lack of skills I'd call you a joke of a sailor
The only "thick" " joke" here are the people involved with that derelict scow.

The hysterical laughter you hear as you drive a way in your"new" boat ..... is the seller.
post #67 of 133 Old 06-06-2016

Time to put this one to bed, doubt he will be back around.
post #68 of 133 Old 06-06-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidd View Post
Right up there with..." Hold my beer and watch this "...
I saw it in a cartoon once, and I'm pretty sure it'll work!
travlineasy likes this.

Catalina 22
on a starboard tack
post #69 of 133 Old 06-06-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanski View Post
Time to put this one to bed, doubt he will be back around.

Where is Harvey when you need him for the other side of the story? Problem is that if he sunk it, and the water isn't hundreds of feet deep, then the USCG will get involved and make him bring it back up at outrageous cost due to it being a danger to shipping.

I knew someone locally who took a prospective buyer out for a trial sail. The dude said he knew the area, but apparently he lied. He got the boat too close to Bald Rock Ledge in Frenchman's Bay and not only did he run aground but he put a huge gash in the Fiberglas hull and it sank in 70 feet of water. The USCG said it was a hazard to the shipping lanes and needed to be removed. Why it would be in the shipping lanes is beyond me since the shipping lanes wouldn't be close to the rock, but perhaps the tide could move it. Luckily he had insurance to pay for the raising. The buyer decided not to buy the boat after having been rescued off the rock.

Last edited by Zarathu; 06-06-2016 at 05:02 PM.
post #70 of 133 Old 06-06-2016
Old enough to know better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
Where is Harvey when you need him for the other side of the story? Problem is that if he sunk it, and the water isn't hundreds of feet deep, then the USCG will get involved and make him bring it back up at outrageous cost due to it being a danger to shipping.

I knew someone locally who took a prospective buyer out for a trial sail. The dude said he knew the area, but apparently he lied. He got the boat too close to Bald Rock Ledge in Frenchman's Bay and not only did he run aground but he put a huge gash in the Fiberglas hull and it sank in 70 feet of water. The USCG said it was a hazard to the shipping lanes and needed to be removed. Why it would be in the shipping lanes is beyond me since the shipping lanes wouldn't be close to the rock, but perhaps the tide could move it. Luckily he had insurance to pay for the raising. The buyer decided not to buy the boat after having been rescued off the rock.
Well I guess he would have been given a pretty good discount!

1976 C&C 33
Project boat, lots of work to be done!

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in