Customs for boat parts in St Lucia - SailNet Community
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By capta
  • 1 Post By capta

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 09-17-2016 Thread Starter
Master Mariner

Customs for boat parts in St Lucia

Our 77 gallon barrel shipped as LCL cargo, arrived today. It was jam packed with everything from a new watermaker membrane to 'green bags' to store produce in. Well over a thousand bucks worth of boat parts and stuff either too dear to buy down island or just plain not available.
From my daughter's home in RI it took exactly two weeks to get to us and cost a whopping us$167.00! lol
Got a call from the Rodney Bay customs broker Kenneth yesterday that he'd be picking it up today and a call just after noon to meet us at the marina today.
Delivered to the dinghy dock without any charges or a bit of trouble with customs (they did open it but just shrugged and had me sign a few papers) for a measly ec$285.00.
After years of nothing but hassles, downright rude customs officials and some pretty hefty customs service charges for items not even entering Grenada, I'm overjoyed with the simplicity and cost of having our items shipped here to St Lucia.
Attached Thumbnails
barrel.jpg  
MarkofSeaLife and seabeau like this.

"Any idiot can make a boat go; it takes a sailor to stop one." Spike Africa aboard the schooner Wanderer in Sausalito, Ca. 1964.
Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

facebook.com/svskippingstone

Last edited by capta; 09-17-2016 at 02:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-17-2016

Dock
Re: Customs for boat parts in St Lucia

And not far to go from Grenada to fetch it.

Up the other end of the islands is St Maarten. Nicely duty free.

So grenada, Trinidad etc, should be able to be avoided.

Sea Life
Notes on a Circumnavigation:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

People can say they want freedom, but offer them the keys to what chains them, a map to where they want to go,
And they'll turn it down for the cell they know
post #3 of 4 Old 09-17-2016 Thread Starter
Master Mariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkofSeaLife View Post
And not far to go from Grenada to fetch it.
Actually, with this really cool thing called the internet, I can check the tropical weather and not have a worry in the world about tropical systems sneaking up on me. Considering Grenada is only an overnight run of 135 miles, I feel pretty safe. Not like the olden days when one only knew conclusively that a hurricane was coming was when it hit the windward side of the island!
We've had a wonderful hurricane season here in St Lucia, with no dinghy thefts, break ins or other events now so common in Grenada. The anchorage is almost empty (and not rolly) and the dinghy dock is too.
I can't imagine ever returning to Grenada to wait out another hurricane season (with no impending storms, of course) in their overcrowded anchorages and mooring infested bays.
MarkofSeaLife likes this.

"Any idiot can make a boat go; it takes a sailor to stop one." Spike Africa aboard the schooner Wanderer in Sausalito, Ca. 1964.
Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows

facebook.com/svskippingstone

post #4 of 4 Old 09-17-2016

Dock

R u mainly in Rodney Bay with a hurricane plan of the marina there?

Sea Life
Notes on a Circumnavigation:

People can say they want freedom, but offer them the keys to what chains them, a map to where they want to go,
And they'll turn it down for the cell they know

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in