SailNet Community

SailNet Community (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (sailing related) (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/)
-   -   Bon Voyage SEA LIFE (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion-sailing-related/265489-bon-voyage-sea-life.html)

mbianka 09-21-2016 07:05 PM

Bon Voyage SEA LIFE

Either the ducks have disappeared from the 79th St. Marina or the terrorist bomb exploding on the streets of New York have sent a message to Mark that it's time to leave. I noticed SEA LIFE has just past Sandy Hook around 5:30 PM heading south for Ports unknown. Fair winds and calm seas Mark!

MarkofSeaLife 09-21-2016 09:15 PM

Re: Bon Voyage SEA LIFE

1 Attachment(s)
Yes, very bloody calm at the moment. 3nms off Elberon with no wind. Donk on.

Splendid night.

As soon as I hit the 3 mile line I shoved a gallon of hydrochloric acid down the thunderboxes. You guys might like holding tanks but me and me boat don't.

Is the holding pattern for aircraft going into JFK, LGA and NWK out at sea? Because if it ain't then theres lots of UFOs!

After 5 hours I saw my first boat without AIS.

Mike, can you check Marinetraffic.com and see if I get a satellite signal? I don't think my AIS does but others on Class B do. :(

Thanks for the shout out :)

Mark

weinie 09-21-2016 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkofSeaLife (Post 3670281)

Splendid night.

As soon as I hit the 3 mile line I shoved a gallon of hydrochloric acid down the thunderboxes. You guys might like holding tanks but me and me boat don't.

Is the holding pattern for aircraft going into JFK, LGA and NWK out at sea? Because if it ain't then theres lots of UFOs!

Mike, can you check Marinetraffic.com and see if I get a satellite signal? I don't think my AIS does but others on Class B do. :(

Mark

http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/z...pscekfgiq3.jpg

mbianka 09-21-2016 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkofSeaLife (Post 3670281)

Splendid night.

Mark

Mark

As of 9:30PM Marine Traffic says your last AIS position update was over two hours ago from a receiver in Brooklyn. Showed you east of the New Jersey Highlands. No mention of a updated Sat position signal available. I and perhaps others will keep checking to see if any station picks up your AIS signal as you head south. Hope you have a quiet and uneventful night. Enjoy the voyage!

MarkofSeaLife 09-21-2016 09:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That's a terrestial received signal.

Oh, well.

Thanks for checking for me :)

Mark

tempest 09-22-2016 12:04 AM

Midnight, course 186 deg. , speed 6.1 knots a few miles off the beach between mantolokin and seaside. Safe Journeys.

mbianka 09-22-2016 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tempest (Post 3670401)
Midnight, course 186 deg. , speed 6.1 knots a few miles off the beach between mantolokin and seaside. Safe Journeys.

Yep seeing him a little NE of Toms River. Looks like he has lots of company out there too.

tempest 09-22-2016 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbianka (Post 3670409)
Yep seeing him a little NE of Toms River. Looks like he has lots of company out there too.

Yes, along with the usual traffic, there's a virtual armada of snowbirds heading south approaching Atlantic City

mbianka 09-22-2016 05:27 AM

5 AM Update

Position Received: 21 min ago (2016-09-22 08:44 UTC)
Vessel's Local Time: 2016-09-22 03:44 (UTC -5)
Area: USEC - US East Coast
Latitude / Longitude: 39.50154 / -74.13582
Speed/Course: 6.0kn / 199
AIS Source: 665 JVHC.com

Interesting to note about the vessels local time. I accessed the above data around 5 AM this morning. Seems his local time should be around 04:44 not 03:44. Looks like a bit of a delay in data posting. Though maybe it is the AIS receiver that got Sea Lifes signal that has a miss set clock.

xort 09-22-2016 07:03 AM

Markofsealife

Did you hug the NJ shore all the way down?
Theres a lot of fish traps a few miles out. A lot. So I always go out almost to the edge of the traffic lane, beyond all the trap areas. I've wondered whether the close-in route is clear.