Santana 2030 - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 12-24-2016 Thread Starter

Santana 2030

Hello All,

I am new to sailnet and I am trying to find out about the Shock built Santana 2030. I have done my due diligence on the interweb but can't seem to find much. There is a lot on the 2023 but......... Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Shawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-24-2016
Administrator

Re: Santana 2030

Shawn,

I know the Schock- Santana line of boats pretty well, but have never heard of a Santana 2030. I almost wonder whether this is a misprint. There was a 2023 and a 3030. The 2030 doesn't seem to show up anywhere.

It might help if you provided a little more information such as the length and year of the boat in question. It also might help if you commented on where you got the information that the boat in question is a 2030.

I do know the 2023 pretty well. It derived from the Santana 23D. The 23D was one of my favorite boats of this size and a boat that I had considered buying a number of times in my life. The 2023 came in a number of different models and offers a nicer interior than the 23D but is a pretty unappealing boat in terms of rig compromises and the use of water ballast which is a deal killer from my point of view.

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay
post #3 of 3 Old 12-27-2016

Re: Santana 2030

I've heard & seen a 3030 so could talk to that if that's what we're talking about. Let us know.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in