Save "Keep Turning Left!" - Page 3 - SailNet Community
 33Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 30 Old 02-04-2017
Tartan 27' owner

Re: Save "Keep Turning Left!"

IMPORTANT

If any of you sent a donation via PayPal to: [email protected] you will be glad to know that this is the WRONG ADDRESS.
You will need to go back into PayPal and find this transaction; it should still be in "pending" status. Cancel this transaction.

Having cancelled this transaction and if you are still eager and willing to help dylan out in some small way you will need to issue a new transaction (sending money to friends internationally - select "United Kingdom" as the country) and use the CORRECT email address which is: [email protected]

I hope that dylan will correct the email address that appears on his donations page.

If your transaction goes through you should expect to receive a thank you email from dylan.

I only found out about this by following a similar thread on SailingAnarchy where the old codger admitted to fekking this one up.
His videos are really worth some small contribution.

"The cure for anything is salt water~ sweat, tears, or the sea." ~Isak Denesen

Everybody has one:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to CalebD For This Useful Post:
Faster (02-04-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 Old 02-04-2017

Thanks, Caleb.. exactly right, prior transaction was 'not yet accepted'.

Fixed it.. (and doubled it..)
olson34 likes this.

Ron

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
post #23 of 30 Old 02-04-2017

Dylan kindly sent me a note of appreciation for my small donation.

post #24 of 30 Old 02-05-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebD View Post
IMPORTANT

If any of you sent a donation via PayPal to: [email protected] you will be glad to know that this is the WRONG ADDRESS.
You will need to go back into PayPal and find this transaction; it should still be in "pending" status. Cancel this transaction.

Having cancelled this transaction and if you are still eager and willing to help dylan out in some small way you will need to issue a new transaction (sending money to friends internationally - select "United Kingdom" as the country) and use the CORRECT email address which is: [email protected]

I hope that dylan will correct the email address that appears on his donations page.

If your transaction goes through you should expect to receive a thank you email from dylan.

I only found out about this by following a similar thread on SailingAnarchy where the old codger admitted to fekking this one up.
His videos are really worth some small contribution.
I sent a donation to that address back in December and finally got a note from Paypal that they couldn't deliver and had issued a credit. I emailed Dylan but it looks like it's still wrong. (Never got a replay from him so maybe I emailed a bad address too!) In any case I hope that the address gets corrected soon, it may be the source of a lot of "lost" taps.
post #25 of 30 Old 02-05-2017
Tartan 27' owner

Once I corrected the email address in my paypal transaction I got a nice thank you email from Dylan.
That should be your real confirmation that he got it.

"The cure for anything is salt water~ sweat, tears, or the sea." ~Isak Denesen

Everybody has one:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #26 of 30 Old 02-06-2017 Thread Starter
Chastened

Send a message via Yahoo to Ajax_MD

Good news:

Once people corrected the PayPal email address, money has been rushing in. Between the two accounts, it seems that we have raised approximately 20% of the total goal of 5,000 GBP in less than a week. Thanks to everyone who has donated. Spread the word and keep the donations coming.

Rich A.
Donna_F, eherlihy, CalebD and 1 others like this.

Alacrity, 1981 Tartan 33 #168
post #27 of 30 Old 02-09-2017
美國佬

But isn't he selling the boat? It looks like the show's over:

1964 Whitby 25
Severna Park, Maryland
post #28 of 30 Old 02-09-2017 Thread Starter
Chastened

Only temporarily. Dylan purchases boats that are most appropriate for the regions he's sailing in. If you follow the entire series, you can see that he has used a few different vessels.

Lilly M, although a fine boat, is too cold and open for Dylan's current needs. There's a small sailboat with a pilot house that he'll be upgrading to, which will give him the necessary shelter and warmth to continue documenting the Outer Hebrides. While he's changing up boats and bringing his balance sheet back into order, he'll be editing and posting approximately 12 films.

Aside from our contributions, those 12 films need to accrue a sufficient number of Paypal contributions in order for the series to continue forwards. I hope this helps.
oysterman23 likes this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ajax_MD For This Useful Post:
oysterman23 (02-11-2017), willyd (02-09-2017)
post #29 of 30 Old 02-09-2017 Thread Starter
Chastened

Good news:

It appears that the totals collected so far tally up to approximately 2,040 GBP. That means we're about 42% of the way towards the 5,000 GBP goal.
You've done this in ONE WEEK, which indicates that Dylan's films are popular and matter to the sailing community. Thanks very much for your incredible efforts!

post #30 of 30 Old 03-31-2017 Thread Starter
Chastened

Hello everyone,

Here is the status of the Keep Turning Left fundraising campaign:
The GoFundMe campaign is suspended and all monies are being refunded to the contributors.

Why: My goal was to fund one year of overhead so that Dylan Winter could keep sailing and making his marvelous movies for us to enjoy.
What: I did not properly coordinate with Dylan, and he decided on a different plan that requires a different boat for sailing in the higher latitudes.

I did communicate this to the members to clarify the situation and people continued to contribute to Dylan's Paypal account and to the GoFundMe account anyway, to support the venture. When I attempted to transfer the GoFundMe funds to Dylan, he graciously refused.

Dylan is concerned that I wasn't clear enough about the purpose of the funds (purchasing a boat better suited to the area instead of one year's operating expenses) and that people may have contributed due to a misconception of how the funds were to be used. Dylan is scrupulously honest and requests that the money be refunded for that reason.

The GoFundMe campaign is closed, please do not send any additional money there.

Dylan is still accepting donations *if you are entertained by his films*. Please contribute directly to his Paypal account at: [email protected]

Mods: Please close this thread.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in