bayliner buccaneer sailboats homepage - Page 5 - SailNet Community
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 44 Old 02-25-2012

Re: Buccaneer

I have seen that boat as a coastal runner at best, curious about how it does in rough sea's? I'm looking for one around 35' because of the cabin room they offer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 44 Old 08-24-2018

I own a us 30 bucaneer, I love my boat yes is not fast but it is roomy and confable, I sailed on it from hudson florida around the keys to Miami, I spent a few days on it, several times i went off shore more than 20 miles out, and thats before i fixed her up , the sails were rot most of the lanyards were really old but still took her out soent first 6 days on it, its built like a tank, last year she took on irma anchored on the bay next to a small mangrove island, I dud not expect to see her again that part of the bay got dried out before the ocean swells came back in, few days later went to it and was amazed it was dry inside, just everything inside was all over the place like if it turned over and over, its still floating now across from gilberts on a moring, its next to a few boats there, and its the most beautiful one, soon i will take my family to dry tortuga i love my bucaneer.
post #43 of 44 Old 08-26-2018

Re: bayliner buccaneer sailboats homepage

Buccaneers get a lot of bad rap. The first ones called Buccaneers starting with the 200 were big tubs. They sailed OK and the one I had (a 200) was what I learned on. I even took it out into the Pacific from Newport, Oregon on light wind days. Had a blast.

Bashing various sailboats... it's just not good form. I don't know why people feel/think they have to bash someone else's boat.. a boat that the owners may love.

The fact that someone is out there sailing at all is cause to be joyful... no matter what it is that they are sailing.

post #44 of 44 Old 08-26-2018

Correction because the title says 1979 , but i saw a 305 and its identical, but Im thinking us 30 because the 305 was built until 1978, but now im sure its a 305, Its a beautiful boat, its an eye opener in keykargo, naples inlet, miami, everyone has to stop and compliment her, as far as hull and mast its taken a beating, the german caotain who sold her to me told me trust your boat, dont listen to what people write, ive sailed in very rough waters in the deepest part of golf more than 20 miles out, they said im crazy but i trust my boast, and in 20 knot plus wind it holds up, flies while minimun heling, I wonder if the ones bashing these boats have ever even seen one up close.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in