Month 11 Expenses of Cruising and Living on the Boat - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 08-18-2017 Thread Starter
bell ringer

Month 11 Expenses of Cruising and Living on the Boat

This past month we traveled ……………. nowhere and are in a slip in Brunswick GA. Been here a month already to sit out hurricane season and do various maintenance. Nice having all the electrical power I’m willing to pay for in order to run the air conditioning!

Got a lot of stuff for the boat to do maintenance and small living upgrades to make life better. The most expensive thing we got boat related was new foam for the settee cushions and that was $158, but well worth it.

Didn’t dine out all the much and over 1/3 of the costs was 1 good meal with our daughter. According to the group pizza delivery is eating out so those are in the total.

Communication is mostly cell phones but I also spent $70 that was computer related and decided to put it into this line total.

Entertainment expenses were for some Kindle books, movies, and some local sightseeing.

Marina costs are for 1.5 months of dockage. Haven’t paid electrical yet but expect it to be close to the extra ˝ month, so next month I expect the total to be about the same.

No courtesy car here so transportation includes Uber rides, gas for when we used our daughter’s car and a tire repair.

The total was $ 3,034.53, which was close to the $3,000 budget and breaks down as follows:

Food, soda, alcohol, clothing, sundries - $ 835.90
Boat upgrades, repairs, maintenance - $ 662.28
Fuel (diesel, gas, propane) - $ 15
Dining out - $ 331.16
Entertainment - $ 97.81
Communication, storage, shipping - $ 198.05
Bank Fees – ($ 72.68) using my cash back card saves money
Marina - $ 851.05
Medical - $ 22.27
Transportation - $ 93.39

Don't blow air up my rear, be useful and blow it at the sails!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Don L For This Useful Post:
hasher (08-23-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-22-2017 Thread Starter
bell ringer

Re: Month 11 Expenses of Cruising and Living on the Boat

I just remembered I sold some charts to another cruiser. So we only spent $ 2,934.53 last month and were under budget!

Don't blow air up my rear, be useful and blow it at the sails!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-22-2017

Re: Month 11 Expenses of Cruising and Living on the Boat

Thanks for continuing to post your expenses. It's great to get an idea of what the cost might be once we start cruising.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in