Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: East of DC
Thanked 59 Times in 57 Posts
Rep Power: 12
Re: Research project
1. How does your daily life look like?
Well for starters, its light most of the day unless there are storm clouds, then its dark and stormy.
2. How do you manage social contact on the boat (during sailing)?
I do face time, you know like talk to people, like look them in the eye, you know like verbalize.
3. How long are sailing trips (to a specific location) typically in terms of duration?
I did 4 months once and as short as an hour.
4. What is your opinion about ocean pollution? Do you encounter this problem during sailing?
The solution to pollution is dilution. Yea some times like I'm sailing along and FU%K there is a plastic bottle and I want to keel haul or use a cat of nine tails on the person who tossed it.
I've even reached into a whale's blow hole to remove a gold ball my friend hit from a beach. Now the whale follows me around like a puppy dog. I've even used him to pull me off a sand bar or two.
5. Do you have equipment on the boat which can measure ocean quality (such as sea temperature, salinity, PH, ...)? And yes, which equipment do you have?
Well I use my toe and judge the temperature on how fast I pull my foot back.
6. Do you or would you like to measure the ocean quality on a frequent basis (daily or weekly)?
How much money or carbon credits can I earn doing this work?
7. How often do you have internet connection? Do you consider this connection as expensive?
When I pull into a marina or find someone on shore who left there wireless unsecured. Do I consider it expensive? Look, the wind is free so yea internet is expensive.
8. How strong is this connection (bandwidth)? Are you able to send photos and videos?
What kind of videos and pictures do you want? People in their birthday suit??????
9. Which devices do you work with (e.g. laptop, mobile phone)? Cray 750, SDS 920, IBM 19.
" he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark" Minnesail, your dad had nothing on me, I invented a word, plagiarism.
Don't re-accommodate me, Bro
And the trees are all keep equal by hatchet, axe and saw...RUSH
I invented a new word today, plagiarism.