We should all help these poor ladies 🙄 - Page 6 - SailNet Community
 136Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 204 Old 12-05-2017

Re: We should all help these poor ladies 🙄

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolatom View Post
Alan from Sailing Anarchy just posted a lengthy interview with both women. It's heavy going, with sailing knowledge, Ms Appel, and "straight answer" not even in the same universe:
Ask Jennifer Appel and Tasha Fuiava For The SA Podcast - Page 4 - Sailing Anarchy - Sailing Anarchy Forums

It's at page 4, post #331.

I was hoping she would make sense. Hope dashed. I do not get the impression she is playing with a full deck...
I don't see where the podcast is. Do you have that link?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 204 Old 12-05-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolatom View Post
Alan from Sailing Anarchy just posted a lengthy interview with both women. It's heavy going, with sailing knowledge, Ms Appel, and "straight answer" not even in the same universe:
Ask Jennifer Appel and Tasha Fuiava For The SA Podcast - Page 4 - Sailing Anarchy - Sailing Anarchy Forums

It's at page 4, post #331.

I was hoping she would make sense. Hope dashed. I do not get the impression she is playing with a full deck...
I couldn't do it. After 40 minutes of it, I knew I was wasting part of my life I would never get back. The moderator is a very good interviewer, with some serious patience. However, the intro was very long winded, let alone how ridiculous the dynamic duo were with answering questions and staying on topic. It's grossly evident that they are concealing facts. These two need to be ignored now.
Slayer, Sal Paradise and john61ct like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
The Following User Says Thank You to Minnewaska For This Useful Post:
john61ct (12-05-2017)
post #53 of 204 Old 12-05-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongleur View Post

Look here, on the SA home page: Sailing Anarchy

post #54 of 204 Old 12-05-2017

[QUOTE=Rocky Mountain Breeze;2051304402]My, what public courage on your part eherlihy, the pot smoking crowd will be mighty upset if they can remember why......[/QUO

Yep, had to fire up a fatty for that interview, no wait, I remember now, it was trying to read one of smacks threads that drove me to the evil weed..again. ha ha.
Arcb likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Your dreams minus your doubts equals your net worth"

Life is a short journey, filled with emptiness and pain. Get all the sailing and booty you can.
post #55 of 204 Old 12-05-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongleur View Post
On Page 4 of the post on SA scroll up to post number 331 it is by Mr.Clean.

I missed it the first time too, and it is hard to listen to her drivel and wandering. Kinda like listening to someone who constantly says "Oh look Squirrel". Reminds me of one of my supervisors once his mind would wander his body would follow, usually at the most inopportune times.

Use your head for something other than a hat rest.
post #56 of 204 Old 12-06-2017
Captain Obvious

I applaud Mr. Clean for trying. They are just talking nonsense babble. Don't try and listen to it, not with any hope of them making any sense.

He generally sums it up;They simply did not know how to sail, pilot, fix, or do anything.In fact, they are so wacked out and divorced from reality that this is the only thing that could happen. They are Rimas if he could just talk nonsense all day. So, it is Dunning-Kruger. They did not have the brains to know that they don't know. Even more than that, Appel is so ADD that every answer is an incomprehensible word salad. She thinks she is some type of expert on something, or everything. Thats why they put out a Pan- Pan call every day for 98 days. They were looking for someone to just help them get going, to wherever. I thought it was weird how happy they were when the Navy arrived and they had to know their boat was gone. But they were more like little children excited about the attention from the uniforms and the big ship with numbers and flags and so forth. They were just in awe.

One thing that really strikes me, based on the current news ( Weinstein et al.) is how quickly and easily she accused the crew of the fishing boat that was towing her. That is scary. Mr. Clean is a brave man.
mbianka likes this.

Sal Paradise - Armchair Circumnavigator

Senior Researcher - Dunning Kruger

Last edited by Sal Paradise; 12-06-2017 at 12:07 PM.
post #57 of 204 Old 12-06-2017

From the beginning, I've been very dubious that this story represented a scam by its two protagonists.

After I'd watched the original interviews aboard the Navy vessel and first press interviews, I raised the possibility, on one of the original threads about these two, that particularly in one of these two people, we might be witnessing the display of diagnosable psychiatric disorder. I listened to part of this SA interview. It sounds like she's both stoned and, separately, has a pretty disordered thought process. Looks like a classic example of using weed to self-medicate.

I'm past the point where I think this either amusing or worthy of debunking. I just think it's sad that an apparently severely troubled woman is unable or unwilling to get help.
post #58 of 204 Old 12-06-2017

I think she represents about 25% of the current population of the United States. We are transitioning from a country of factual knowledge to a country of the next television program or internet sensation as long as the attention is focused on ME!!!!
post #59 of 204 Old 12-06-2017

Dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Mountain Breeze View Post
as long as the attention is focused on ME!!!!

You?

Pigs bum.

Me!

Sea Life
Notes on a Circumnavigation:

People can say they want freedom, but offer them the keys to what chains them, a map to where they want to go,
And they'll turn it down for the cell they know
post #60 of 204 Old 12-06-2017

Again I have to disagree with Rocky mountain. Where the 'ell does he pull up a figure like 25% . Anybody who's following the news knows it;s at least 45% maybe more. The world used to snicker but now it's beyond funny.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in