Blunt offerings in the marina - Page 5 - SailNet Community
 100Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 119 Old 01-31-2018

Re: Blunt offerings in the marina

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipmac View Post
.....If you're saying smoking or smokers acted differently than drinkers, certainly. But to say that drinking moderately produced no change in demeanor, not so in my experience.
Perhaps we can settle on them being different changes, but can we agree that drinking alcohol at a hotel/convention bar is a different demeanor than the actual example/experience I gave: having a professional dinner at someone's house? I believe one's own intent to regulate their behavior is different between the two. In my experience, the light alcohol drinker fairs better at that, than the pot smoker.

The rest of the discussion on what will happen in the future of deregulation is all speculative, so no point in repeating my respective point of view.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 119 Old 01-31-2018

I predict that 100 years from now there will be many more medicinal uses of cannabis and its use socially will be no big deal, about as big a deal has having a cup of coffee. Oh wait, the latter is already the case for the vast majority of people under 40.

Maybe future generations will look back and wonder why it was socially acceptable to down 3 glass of chardonnay and an Ambien every night.
CalebD likes this.
post #43 of 119 Old 01-31-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipmac View Post
Maybe your appearance is sending a message to the local boaters. Have you tried cutting your dreadlocks and shaving the beard. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.sailnet.com/forums/images/SailNet_Toucan/smilies/tango_face_devil.png[/IMG]
Hmm, that's only one profile. There are others. When I took my family to Costa Rica apparently there's a profile that the ganja dealers down there have for certain American tourists. Apparently frequent users are soccer dad looking tourists who would have gone to high school in the 70s. Whenever the rest of the family wandered away from me in town squares some Rastafarian looking guys would come up to me and whisper quietly, "Hey Mon, would you like some ganja?" My daughter would come over and ask why these cool looking guys were talking to her very uncool dad. I told her that they were offering to serve as our tour guide and show us interesting places.
I did not have dreadlocks and my beard was trimmed suitable for appearance in corporate meetings.

post #44 of 119 Old 01-31-2018

Ugh. So much useless debate. I'll answer the initial question posed: I sail in Southern California and I have never even once been offered a hit. I don't look very 'conservative', so I don't know whether my appearance is a factor (shaved head, goatee).
I live in Nevada, boat there some, too. So, my anecdote is that, in the two states where recreational marijuana purchase is legal, NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

1968 Cal 2-30
Sandpiper 2
MDR
post #45 of 119 Old 01-31-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Mountain Breeze View Post
Why is it that stoners always immediately fall to the "better than drinking" argument? If you are an intelligent, honest, hard working individual why do you need any crutch? As an employer in the wonderful state of Colorado I can tell you from experience that neither is conducive to a productive employee. However, in my experience, someone with an alcohol issue is generally more productive than a stoner. Neither is a candidate for long term employment or success.
It's not a crutch. Like sailing, billiards, watching TV, and sex, getting a buzz is something fun to do. If you don't like sailing, don't go. If you don't like having a drink, or smoking a blunt, take a pass.

I'm an employer in Tennessee who just fired two employees for smoking pot at work. Don't smoke pot at work; don't have sex in public; don't try to sail on Interstate 40. I 'm not inclined to support the criminalization of an activity just because some people do it inappropriately.
post #46 of 119 Old 01-31-2018

Dock

Don't smoke the Devil's Lettuce you'll never amount to anything.
Attached Thumbnails
Michael-Phelps-SI-cover-shoot-SI523_TK1_00272.jpg  

No matter where you go, ....
B&B Spindrift 11N
Past Adventures:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ThereYouAre; 01-31-2018 at 01:32 PM.
post #47 of 119 Old 01-31-2018

I think this must vary massively by region. Some countries have a war on drugs, some countries permit employers to perform random drug tests on employees, other countries weed is legal or at least decriminalised and the Constitution protects employees from random drug testing. I assume this must result in very different attitudes towards cannabis both in terms of personal use and willingness to talk openly about it.

Nearly any marina in Ontario that has a fire pit, one could expect a joint to come out with the guitars and I think it would almost be perceived as impolite if some one were to sit around a fire and not offer to share. Nobody has to smoke any, I don't, but it's just a question of good manners to offer, isn't it?
post #48 of 119 Old 01-31-2018
Dirt Free

Two Toronto cops apparently suffered from hallucinations after eating cannabis brownies they stole during a raid. Currently on CBC

The grass of today ain't the same stuff granma smoked in the day.
CalebD likes this.

The hysterical laughter you hear as you drive a way in your"new" boat ..... is the seller.
post #49 of 119 Old 01-31-2018
bell ringer

I'm not a stoner. But, one of things I said before getting into sailing was that I was going to sail out into international water, get naked and smoke dope.

But then I learned that it was all that practical and that you can lose you boat over it, or worst depending on where you are.
RegisteredUser likes this.

Don't blow air up my rear, be useful and blow it at the sails!
post #50 of 119 Old 01-31-2018
Dirt Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian#2 View Post
Nearly any marina in Ontario that has a fire pit, one could expect a joint to come out with the guitars and I think it would almost be perceived as impolite if some one were to sit around a fire and not offer to share. Nobody has to smoke any, I don't, but it's just a question of good manners to offer, isn't it?
I've been in almost every marina of any size in the Great Lakes over the last 30 years and have been offered a joint once. You must run with a different crowd

The hysterical laughter you hear as you drive a way in your"new" boat ..... is the seller.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in