Upper Saranac Lake - Adirondacks - SailNet Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By 43N77W

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 07-11-2018 Thread Starter
Port of Rochester, NY

Dock
Upper Saranac Lake - Adirondacks

Had a great week of the 4th on Upper Saranac Lake with my (new to me) Catalina 22. Motored from the State operated boat ramp on the Northside of the lake to Green Island and then let the sails fly. Stayed on Little Square Bay most of the time. Due to the numerous islands, coves and curvy shoreline, I found the winds to be very shifty.
Had a little too much main sail up one day, blowing 12kts, and my outhaul came undone. Aside from that, it was well worth trailering her 200mi for the beautiful scenery and great family time.
Attached Thumbnails
Shucky Ducky 1.jpg   Shucky Ducky 2.jpg   Shucky Ducky 3.jpg   IMG_1410.jpg  
BarryL likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-11-2018

Re: Upper Saranac Lake - Adirondacks

We were really impressed with the beauty of the Saranacs.

Trailered our skiff up there, launched on the lowest lake-- Lake Flower I think-- and went through locks to the next two Saranacs. I could see camping at one of the many sites we saw.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in