Bringing in extra clams on deck. - Page 2 - SailNet Community
 28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 29 Old 09-27-2018

Re: Bringing in extra clams on deck.

I don't know about his other threads, but at least in THIS thread, he started it solely for the purpose of calling us names, and telling us he was going to break the law. Surely no one could be surprised that he got negative responses to an opening post like that!
boatpoker likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 Old 09-27-2018
Rainwatcher

I don't think the guy's for real. No one who knows how to use a metal lathe well enough to make money with it would try to do so on a boat, nor would they try to do boat work with a lathe small enough to fit on a boat.
boatpoker likes this.

"When I have your wounded." -- Major Charles L. Kelly, callsign "Dustoff", refusing to acknowledge that an L.Z. was too hot, moments before being killed by a single shot, July 1st, 1964.

Black Lives Matter. All confederate symbols and monuments need to go.

Proud to live in a sanctuary city.
post #13 of 29 Old 09-27-2018
Dirt Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by deniseO30 View Post
OP fixed it.

I don't know why people get so worked up over these Dreamer threads, most of us never realize the dreams we have.

I had the same dream 15 years ago and I'm still where I was! I still look at 30 - 40 foot boat ads on all the sites, but I now include trawlers!

A trawler would have room for my floating wooden canoe shop... HVAC and... more!
Nothing wrong with dreamers ..... he was just dick looking for an argument

The hysterical laughter you hear as you drive a way in your"new" boat ..... is the seller.

post #14 of 29 Old 09-27-2018
Master Mariner

Quote:
OP fixed it.

I don't know why people get so worked up over these Dreamer threads, most of us never realize the dreams we have.

I had the same dream 15 years ago and I'm still where I was! I still look at 30 - 40 foot boat ads on all the sites, but I now include trawlers!

A trawler would have room for my floating wooden canoe shop... HVAC and... more!
I have no problem with dreams and dreamers, but when facts like work permits make them unrealistic and impractical, I would expect a thank you instead of an argument. At that point, the thank you, other more practical suggestions can be put forward that may actually help the dreamer achieve their dreams.

"Any idiot can make a boat go; it takes a sailor to stop one." Spike Africa aboard the schooner Wanderer in Sausalito, Ca. 1964.
“Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.” ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

facebook.com/svskippingstone
post #15 of 29 Old 09-27-2018
Dirt Free

Quote:
This is the first time I've ever seen the words "work permits" although it makes sense, I wasn't aware of it and I'm sure, somebody dreaming of sailing the high seas probably hasn't thought of it either. But no matter the forumites set the facts straight!
I always thought it was common knowledge that one cannot simply arrive in a foreign country and go to work.

The hysterical laughter you hear as you drive a way in your"new" boat ..... is the seller.
post #16 of 29 Old 09-27-2018

I'm pretty sure the OP itself acknowledged the need for permission to work, but flouted it. This was a troll thread, by it's very definition.
denverd0n and RegisteredUser like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
post #17 of 29 Old 09-27-2018
Aspiring Boat Bum

Quote:
This is the first time I've ever seen the words "work permits" although it makes sense, I wasn't aware of it and I'm sure, somebody dreaming of sailing the high seas probably hasn't thought of it either. But no matter the forumites set the facts straight!
Work permits were in the first post in the thread which I see the OP has now deleted and replaced with an emoji.

Obviously a troll and a jerk besides but maybe that is part of the definition of a troll. Maybe he should get a life.
post #18 of 29 Old 09-27-2018

The lecture is feeling a little troll-like.
deniseO30 likes this.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
post #19 of 29 Old 09-27-2018
Aspiring Boat Bum

Quote:
A few months ago when I returned to this site, I posted on a few other threads one favorite statements

"y'all been trolled!"

so these threads go on, like snowballs rolling down the hill, getting larger and larger when the OP only made A few statements.

No one has to respond but, it seems like everybody must, It's probably one of the hardest things to do, NOT respond.

Most sites have an ignore feature and it's one of the most unused features internet sites have.

My ignore list on Facebook is in the hundreds LOL

So after dozens and dozens of comments one has to wonder, what's worse, the troll, or the trolled?

Another unused feature is thread tools in the page, you can unsubscribe,
First, it isn't always clear if a post is a troll or just a misguided individual. If you have an infallible troll radar please clue me in on how it works. But wait, you responded to the thread as well.

Second, just in case some gullible person (there's a lot of them out there) thinks what the (possible) troll posted it doesn't hurt to point out the errors of the post. But I do agree, if there is an obvious troll, especially a repeat offender, the best thing to do is ignore him or her.
deniseO30 likes this.
post #20 of 29 Old 09-27-2018
Dirt Free

Quote:

So after dozens and dozens of comments one has to wonder, what's worse, the troll, or the trolled?

Another unused feature is thread tools in the page, you can unsubscribe,
You have five posts on this thread.
deniseO30 likes this.

The Following User Says Thank You to boatpoker For This Useful Post:
Guyfromthenorth (09-30-2018)

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in