Seasons End - SailNet Community
 4Likes
  • 4 Post By cb32863

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 11-12-2018 Thread Starter
Lake Sailor

Seasons End

Season has come to an end for Seeker and I in the great white north of MN. Scheduled haul out was for Saturday the 10th. Got to the club a bit early as there were about 8 of us planning to haul out. Club manager informed us that the crane had stopped working again and even if it was, the thickness of the grease and the cold temps, it was 11F at 10am, made the crane move very slowly. He contracted a truck crane to be at the club from 10am - 2pm on Sunday. So my helpers and I stripped the gear, sails, and tidied up the lines for Sunday.

Got to the club on Sunday and there were already a few people there and the truck crane was setting up. We swarmed on boats, got masts down and boats on trailers. We hauled 8 boats in about 2 hours. Was a great example of sailors helping sailors, Our commodore was there also just helping everyone that needed it. Temps were better too, it was a balmy 29F on Sunday.

Seeker is now inside for a few months of a winters nap, hopefully we get ice out in April.
Attached Thumbnails
20181111_113544.jpg   20181111_120027.jpg  

Umquam Porro

Seeker 1992 Beneteau First 235

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-12-2018

Re: Seasons End

Hey,

Well done!

On Friday my wife and I moved my boat from my mooring to a slip where the boat will spend the winter. It was cold and windy and not fun but we got it done. On Saturday we winterized everything but it was too windy to remove the sails. We will do that sometime this week.

Sailing season is over. Too bad.

Barry

Barry Lenoble
Deep Blue C, 2002 C&C 110
Mt. Sinai, NY

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-13-2018

These are the sailing conditions in the Midwest right now. Notice the snow covered boatsheds. (I should really be retired on a boat in the Gulf right now).
Attached Thumbnails
IMAG0899_1542104651917.jpg   IMAG0901_1542104684292.jpg  

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in