5Likes
  • 1 Post By Minnesail
  • 2 Post By capta
  • 2 Post By ottos

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 11-16-2018 Thread Starter
Lake Sailor

Hotels w/Sailboats

A while back, I think it was on SailNet, I saw that there was a hotel or something in FL that also had Catalina 22's that the guests could use. My SailNet Search-Fu along with my Google-Fu have failed me thus far. Anyone know if this is still a thing and where? No, not looking for a charter. Just some beach time with the First Mate and some possible sailing.

Thanks,

Umquam Porro

Seeker 1992 Beneteau First 235

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-16-2018

Re: Hotels w/Sailboats

Key Lime Sailing Club & Cottages

I have not been there, but I know a couple from Lake Nokomis that spent a week there and loved it.
RegisteredUser likes this.

Catalina 22
on a starboard tack
post #3 of 9 Old 11-16-2018

The ad is on the added border of sailboat data .com

Northern Alberta. "85" C/L 16. ,"85"S2 7.9 under repair.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 Old 11-16-2018 Thread Starter
Lake Sailor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesail View Post
Key Lime Sailing Club & Cottages

I have not been there, but I know a couple from Lake Nokomis that spent a week there and loved it.
That's the place, thanks!

Umquam Porro

Seeker 1992 Beneteau First 235

post #5 of 9 Old 11-16-2018

Smart marketing
post #6 of 9 Old 11-16-2018
Master Mariner

Almost all beachside hotels have at least beach cats for rent. If I was looking to go out for a few hours on a sailboat from a hotel, there is nothing that would get me out on a 22-foot monohull, if there was a Hobie cat or similar available. I'm 72 and still, I'm not ready for a rocking horse when there's a speedy little walker with wheels available. lol
Most fun boat ever, a Hobie cat. There are some days when I wish I'd never gotten a bigger boat!
Minnesail and 22catcapri like this.

"Any idiot can make a boat go; it takes a sailor to stop one." Spike Africa aboard the schooner Wanderer in Sausalito, Ca. 1964.
“Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.” ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows

facebook.com/svskippingstone
post #7 of 9 Old 11-16-2018

A few years back we stayed at a Riu resort at Ochoa Rios ,Jamacia,,they had hobie cats for the guests to use,my son was pretty excited to take me out but everything from pins to sails were in such poor shape that it was just a frustrating experience,,I suspect for places like that it would be more the norm,perhaps smaller family run resorts or hotels would have better maintenance programs,,,,,I have looked in to the Florida outfit in the keys and you get a boat with your room or cabana(Catalina 22) sounds much better,,but the reviews say inspect your boat as carefully as your room ,some are better than others...Ralph

Northern Alberta. "85" C/L 16. ,"85"S2 7.9 under repair.
post #8 of 9 Old 11-20-2018
Señor Member

There is also Caribbean Soul | Boat Rental on Conch Key, adjacent to Marathon. I stayed there for a week. It was a nice time, but fairly isolated....
cb32863 and Towguy like this.
post #9 of 9 Old 11-20-2018

We just left Key Lime. Lotta people like it, but not for us. In fact we left after 2 days of a five day prepaid visit. We had awesome Hobie sailing at Marco Marriott. I guess it's like some folks like Taco Bell, and some folks like a different grade of fare.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in