First Thief Experience - Page 9 - SailNet Community
 85Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 84 Old 02-16-2019 Thread Starter
bell ringer

Re: First Thief Experience

Update to my story:

Turns out the owner of the shrimp boat that I suspected the would be dinghy thief came from has his boat here in the marina. He hadn't heard the story and stopped by yesterday after he heard about the whole thing. He says the only one on the boat was the captain and that he had definitely made the "raft" etc. the guy was on that tried to steal our dinghy. In talking with him there were some other shady things about this captain including a "grounding" that was blamed on the anchor rode breaking, but which looked like it had been cut to cover the "story" (cost the owner $135k).

So the owner said "that's it, I'm going down to meet the boat and fire that captain"

Don't blow air up my rear, be useful and blow it at the sails!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 84 Old 02-16-2019

Good and interesting follow up.
That cap prob does drugs
post #83 of 84 Old 02-16-2019 Thread Starter
bell ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegisteredUser View Post
Good and interesting follow up.
That cap prob does drugs
Thatís funny because the owner said he has drug testing kits on the boat

Don't blow air up my rear, be useful and blow it at the sails!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #84 of 84 Old 02-16-2019
Old enough to know better

Quote:
Originally Posted by olson34 View Post
Wow. That is unfortunate.
Our local county sheriff has a river patrol office and a couple of boats. A sergeant has already been to a monthly meetings this year to chat about problems and concerns and answer questions about enforcement on our waterways.

They like to send someone around every year, always with the caution that the expected deputy might be suddenly called out and have to reschedule. (!)

I hope that you can somehow build better relations with your enforcement guys and gals.
Our guys actively promote having an interested public watch out for indents and help them respond to 'stuff'.
Florida, with it's lack of income tax, is fairly short on resources, so there won't be much in the way of public relations work. Only place that might happen is someplace with very high property values as the property taxes are there main revenue stream. Of course this is also why you get a ticket in Florida for failure to use turn signals when changing lanes on an empty highway, an attempt to garner income.

1976 C&C 33
Project boat, lots of work to be done!

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in