Month 30 Expenses of Cruising and Living on the Boat - Page 2 - SailNet Community
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 Old 03-20-2019

Re: Month 30 Expenses of Cruising and Living on the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don0190 View Post
We went on a real vacation away from the boat to Cancun. Due to vacation numbers for food and dining out really are only 3 weeks instead of a month as I put everything related to the Cancun trip into entertainment.
I don't get it, you are living on a boat full time and you take a vacation to Cancun?
mbianka likes this.

Jordan
West Wight Potter 14 "Lemon Drop"
Oceanside CA
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 Old 03-20-2019

We live in a house full time but right now are currently spending March in Kauai.
jephotog likes this.
post #13 of 18 Old 03-20-2019 Thread Starter
bell ringer

We meet people all the time that when they learn we live on a boat go "That sounds nice." I normally reply with "Yes when it's nice it's nice, but when it sucks it REALLY SUCKS!"

It's nice to get away once in a while.
jephotog and mbianka like this.

Don't blow air up my rear, be useful and blow it at the sails!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Don0190 For This Useful Post:
chuck5499 (03-22-2019)

post #14 of 18 Old 03-21-2019

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. Good to see for those getting near to doing the same.
post #15 of 18 Old 03-22-2019
Full time cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don0190 View Post
We meet people all the time that when they learn we live on a boat go "That sounds nice." I normally reply with "Yes when it's nice it's nice, but when it sucks it REALLY SUCKS!"

It's nice to get away once in a while.
YEP -- we take long trips inland or like last fall I did a vacation to my hometown to attend my hs class reunion - #55 - as a lot of my classmates are not around anymore. It was a very small school and we all knew each other.

But yes getting off the boat for a while is really needed. In Israel we try to do a day trip once a week to someplace and are planning a couple of 3 day trips.

When were in Albania we did a 2 week trip though the Balkans and in Russia we did a 3 week trip though Russia - we did several "vacations" in Tunisia and Turkey when we were there ranging from a few days to a couple of weeks.
mbianka likes this.

Just our thoughts and opinion
Chuck, Patty and SVSoulMates
Wintering over in Israel
post #16 of 18 Old 03-22-2019

If you're still here on Monday, be sure to join us at Mr. Manatee's at 4PM.

Currently (I originated, but have stepped out of, the Cruisers' Net, 0815 VHF 68, so it may not be active now) we have had an average of about 40 folks joining the Seven Seas Cruising Association GAM (after the New England whaling ships which, occasionally, would raft up for socialization and swapping news of home) every week. Gotta be there by 4PM to get a seat, though, as it's their busiest night of the week and we release unused seats in the back porch (which we have occasionally completely filled) to them for their other customers.

Reservations not required, but letting me (via 68 after the net, which typically ends by 0830, or the Facebook SSCA or Vero Beach Cruisers Net pages) know you're coming will assure you a seat.

Cheap eats and great fellowship with fellow cruisers...

L8R

Skip

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC
See our galleries at
!
Follow us at

and/or
post #17 of 18 Old 03-29-2019

Hi, I am Bob, a refugee from another sailing forum and this is my first post here although I signed up some time ago. It is with pleasure that I see some of those that I have come to respect and some that I used to enjoy their posts, populating this site. I hope that I continue to enjoy these members and their contributions. So far it feels like a breath of fresh air.
Bob, aka Uncle bob the 1st, from Sydney Australia.
post #18 of 18 Old 03-29-2019

Dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob the 1st View Post
Hi, I am Bob, a refugee from another sailing forum and this is my first post here... .

Welcome!
We take all refugees

Any hassles just holler.

Sea Life
Notes on a Circumnavigation:

People can say they want freedom, but offer them the keys to what chains them, a map to where they want to go,
And they'll turn it down for the cell they know

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in