Boat People Scum - Page 14 - SailNet Community
 178Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #131 of 213 Old 02-17-2020 Thread Starter
bell ringer

Re: Boat People Scum

My wife and I were at the bar for Happy Hour yesterday and across the bar heard this women say to her friend "I hate people living out on the boats. They are just scum!"

I kid you not and we don't think she was even talking about us!
MarkofSeaLife likes this.

Don't blow air up my rear, be useful and blow it at the sails!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Don L; 02-17-2020 at 04:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 213 Old 02-17-2020

Thats the view looking out from burdines
post #133 of 213 Old 02-17-2020 Thread Starter
bell ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegisteredUser View Post
Thats the view looking out from burdines
It was at the Steak and Lobster and extra funny because she was a tattooed freak we would have thought would be more in touch with scum.

But yeah, between Burdines and the bridge there truly are boat SCUM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #134 of 213 Old 02-19-2020

Shed just paid the mortgage payment on top of the water rates, the Med. insurance, house insurance, power bill, mower repair, parking ticket, car payment, Council rates, Oh did i mention the bad neighbour , You should feel sorry for HER .Poor thing.
post #135 of 213 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
bell ringer

I recently learned on the other forum that the real problem with boat scum is ............ ME! Somehow it is my fault some sit at anchor and collect trash all over etc. Apparently the only thing sub-standard about this is my attitude.

So to all the boat scum scum (thats the scum of the standard boat scum) out there; I am sorry! But I am not accepting that just because you are poor that you collect trash all over your boat etc.. take the trash in, remove the 3 dead outboard engine that you have been “fixing” for 5 years, use some of that water you are sitting in a wash your boat to get dirt off t (rain will later rinse the salt off for free), take off that sail that is in tatters as no be believes that means you can sail away, consider jumping in the water a scraping an inch or two of the bottom growth off. Just make an effort to move up to the boat scum group.

post #136 of 213 Old 4 Weeks Ago
Old soul

Here's a thought Don; if it bothers you so much, maybe you should offer to help them. Clearly they don't care, but you do. And since you've clearly got too much free time on your hands anyway , why not put it to good use?

I'm only partly kidding here. I get why you want these "scum" to clean up their act. It reflects poorly on all boaters, and cruisers. And this is what can lead to boater restrictions.

But for whatever reason, these people aren't doing what you think is best, so maybe you should go help them.

Why go fast, when you can go slow.
BLOG:
post #137 of 213 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
bell ringer

scum scum aren't going to clean their boat anymore than the land scum scum is going to to pick the trash up in their yard (or call the junk yard to come get that car that has been sitting in the yard for 5 years, which the junk yard will do for free)

post #138 of 213 Old 4 Weeks Ago

Those cars keep people from stealing your cinder blocks
contrarian likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to RegisteredUser For This Useful Post:
chef2sail (4 Weeks Ago)
post #139 of 213 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
bell ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegisteredUser View Post
Those cars keep people from stealing your cinder blocks
good point

maybe the trash on boats are to prevent people stealing those boats as we know the scum like to steal from other scum best
RegisteredUser likes this.

post #140 of 213 Old 4 Weeks Ago

The liveaboards we have in our area are not very well liked, although I would hesitate to call them "scum", (with one notable exception!) One particular boat is a young family.

The problem is there are so many of them, and they have congregated in our little cove as they have been chased out of other areas. There are limited places to anchor, and they have taken up all those places so there is nowhere for visiting boats to go. This impacts the local businesses that miss out on the summer tourism revenue from the water. There are many users of the Cove in the summer, with kayak rentals, junior sailing, rowing etc and the live aboard clutter causes a lot of congestion.

Another problem is water quality. The Cove does not have good tidal flow, and the fecal coliform count sometimes gets to unsafe levels. I am the first to admit that there are other factors other than boater sewage that can cause this, but the fact remains, most of them never pull up their anchor, so how could they NOT be dumping their sewage in the Cove? They claim they use shore facilities, but I call BS on that. There is no way they dighy to shore and go to the public washrooms on the other side of the park every time someone has to go. Plus, the washrooms are locked after 10pm. What do they do at night? Hold it until morning? Right. They also claim they don't stuff all their garbage in the park garbage cans.

I could go on, but you get the idea. As far as I'm concerned they are squatters, and the sooner they are moved on the better.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

2011 Jeanneau 39i Azura
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in