Boat People Scum - Page 2 - SailNet Community
 123Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 122 Old 04-05-2019

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 122 Old 04-05-2019

Re: Boat People Scum

Maybe she was just jealous, wondering how your wife is so lucky to have such a Handsome, debonair husband with great legs. ;-)
post #13 of 122 Old 04-05-2019
Learning the HARD way...

What did you expect? 'Welcome Sonny?' 'Make yourself at home?' 'Marry my daughter?' You've got to remember that these are simply the nouveau riche of Florida. These are people of the land. The common clay of Florida's wealthy coastal cities.

It will get worse when you reach Naples...
mrWinter likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USCG Licensed OUPV Captain, ASA 101/103/104/105/106/114/118 Instructor - Also certified in Marine Electrical Systems

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by eherlihy; 04-05-2019 at 04:19 PM.

post #14 of 122 Old 04-05-2019 Thread Starter
bell ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by john61ct View Post
And even if your telepathy was accurate, so what, really worth posting about?
it gave you something to post trash about, which is your goal and I'm tired of it and know what to do

Don't blow air up my rear, be useful and blow it at the sails!
post #15 of 122 Old 04-05-2019

I was having breakfast in a nice restaurant last week...didnt make a reservation and have to wait type of establishment.
Great food but i looked over and saw a guy put ketchup on scrambled eggs his waitress had just served him. So very wrong...
I couldve just kept my judgement private but i felt a need to berate him in public....you know that urge swelling up inside..a boiling..and my twitter followers might like it too.
The manager of that Waffle House told me to leave and to never come back. And she wasnt very nice about it.
post #16 of 122 Old 04-05-2019
Dirt Free

We remove as much packaging as possible when we make a purchase and leave it at the store.

The hysterical laughter you hear as you drive a way in your"new" boat ..... is the seller.
post #17 of 122 Old 04-06-2019

Iíve asked permission to use dumpsters and almost never been turned down. Iím often told it could only be that one time, which has always been fine. Garbage removal is very expensive on a commercial contract. I would never presume it was there for public use.

Iíll bet the old lady has been victimized by much worse and was overreacting. Many cruisers take advantage. My biggest peeve are those that pull the lid off park receptacles, designed to capture drinking cups and picnic plates, in order to jam two full garbage bags inside and then balance the lid atop that no longer fits. Thatís low class.
jephotog likes this.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
post #18 of 122 Old 04-06-2019

Years ago Shelter Island instituted a policy that it would only accept bagged trash in their designated bags... which were sold in the hardware/marine store to boaters but probably distributed to local homeowners. Apparently boaters had been leaving huge trash bags from their boats. Lids were locked so you couldn't shove a large bag of trash into them. Dering harbor has hundreds of boats moored and lots of weekend sailors plus all those how pick up transient moorings and anchor. Their solution was reasonable and cost a few pennies. Disposing of trash from boats is a problem.

Northport has a dumpster in the parking lot next to the Harbor which anyone can use and many trash cans without small opening lids. This town has 2x the boats as Dering Harbor, but the town is willing to provide trash collection because the park is popular and many pedestrians, tourists and boaters visit it. They don't allow food vendors however, probably not because of trash but to support the local restaurants, and delis who sell take out food. The town is very clean and they provide dog poop bags free in the park.

Humans create waste and the packaging of everything we buy adds to it. We need solutions not NIMBY attitudes.
Rhapsody-NS27 likes this.

pay attention... someone's life depends on it
post #19 of 122 Old 04-06-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegisteredUser View Post
I was having breakfast in a nice restaurant last week...didnt make a reservation and have to wait type of establishment.
Great food but i looked over and saw a guy put ketchup on scrambled eggs his waitress had just served him. So very wrong...
I couldve just kept my judgement private but i felt a need to berate him in public....you know that urge swelling up inside..a boiling..and my twitter followers might like it too.
The manager of that Waffle House told me to leave and to never come back. And she wasnt very nice about it.
Ketchup on eggs is good. But not on waffles.
post #20 of 122 Old 04-06-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don0190 View Post
Went ashore the other day to go to grocery store. Had on clean shirt, shorts, and sandals. We had our backpack and rolly cart along with a small bag of trash to toss in the trash can at the store. As I was putting the bag of trash in the can this older woman came out of the store and gave us a look of "I hate you homeless boat people scum!"

I'm trying to figure out how she could tell.
Just give them a great big smile, say nothing and move on. It pisses them off even more.

Cheers, Uncle Bob the 1st from Sydney Aust.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in