Boat People Scum - Page 22 - SailNet Community
 178Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #211 of 213 Old 03-26-2020

Re: Boat People Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post
To just save you all the trouble let me be clear.

I am not overly concerned about alcoholics or illegal drug users well being over the rest of us no matter how “ functional”they are.

Liquor stores are no more essential than crack dealers. If you feel the liquor store is an essential business in the current panic you need to reconsider yourself.
Maybe the difference is that we arent panicked. We have been dealing with this in a calm and orderly way. We listen to our public health experts, and so do our politicians. Our policies are based on their advice, not the whims of our politicians.

Down there you guys seem to be in full panic mode because of a lack of leadership at the top. You were caught completely unprepared because you ignored the warnings for many weeks before acting, and all that time the virus was taking hold. Even now your polarized politics are getting in the way of effective response. You have a federal government that cares more about the stock market than the health and safety of their citizens and it is left to individual jurisdictions to decide how to respond, and they have to deal with partisan attacks and resistance to their response.

This thing is far from over, and things will likely get worse before they get better. But for now, I am going to work, risking getting infected every day in order to keep our critical infrastructure functioning properly, and on the weekend, if the weather is nice, I will reward myself with a nice sail, and maybe a bottle of wine.

If you think that makes me scum....I can live with that!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

2011 Jeanneau 39i Azura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 213 Old 03-26-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post
Wonder where you think i am at?

Scum probably rarely understand they are scum and justify it away.
Why play coy? Just tell us where you are so we can take your local situation into account.

Your profile says you are in the Bahamas. Is that correct?

Your continued, repeated use of a pejorative detracts from civil discourse. Is that your intent? Are you in troll mode?
Minnewaska likes this.

Rick S., Swarthmore, PA
USCG Certified Captain, OUPV and 50 Ton Master
ASA Certified 101/103/104/105/106

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 Catalina 34MkII Tall Rig Wing Keel Breakin' Away, Universal Diesel M35B, Mantus 35 lb. anchor, sailing out of Rock Hall, MD
post #213 of 213 Old 03-26-2020

Dock

I've deleted a few posts and closed the thread.

It will be deleted in a few days giving you enough time to work out why I deleted it.

Also I have imposed a new rule - no I have no intention of wasting the other Mods time so I havent asked - any reference to "scum" is now banned and gets you banned. Including mentioning you might have scum on the hull....

I thought it was some nice, quaint Americian terminology but it appears to be a rude attack. We dont require people to be "nice" but we sure as hell REFUSE TO HAVE ATTACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Unless its me, of course )
Minnewaska, MikeOReilly and Arcb like this.

Sea Life
Notes on a Circumnavigation:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

People can say they want freedom, but offer them the keys to what chains them, a map to where they want to go,
And they'll turn it down for the cell they know
The Following User Says Thank You to MarkofSeaLife For This Useful Post:
MikeOReilly (03-26-2020)
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in