Crazy first time on my sailboat .... part 2 - Page 2 - SailNet Community
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 12 Old 05-02-2019

Re: Crazy first time on my sailboat .... part 2

These are cockpit scuppers, which seem to drain at or just below the waterline. I suspect this 19 ft boat doesn't have any other hull penetrations? Si o no?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 Old 05-02-2019 Thread Starter

The scuppers drain aft to 2 holes below the transom, at/below the water line.

I picked up some Shields under the waterline rated hose.

There is 1 other through hull where my sink drains. I will need to replace the plastic valve to that. I originally wanted to plug it because the sink is basically a place to hold keys and a wallet max. After the previous discussion and seeing some other links, I'm probably going to connect a bilge pump to that sink line through hull. I want to see if any water penetrates in from there.

Another concern is the pendant from the drop keel.

Few areas to look at, I'm not going to sail it, just drop it in and sit inside and look for water, feel the hoses and make sure they aren't wet or weeping.

Mike

1983 Starwind 19

Planning on getting this boat wet before the season is past me ... and keeping the inside dry !!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in