Sistership Sailing School - USVI - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Sistership Sailing School - USVI

My wife and I are intending to take a class with Sistership Sailing School, Cruz Bay in the USVI. They are ASA certified. The web site seems very professional and our interactions with the owner have been first rate, timely and very friendly. We're quite looking forward to the experience. However, I've been criticized for not doing more indepth research before sending a check (It goes out this week). So, I'll own that and attempt to make up for that by starting here. Has anyone experience with this organization?
Thanks for your observations and thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 4 Weeks Ago
ASA and PSIA Instructor

Re: Sistership Sailing School - USVI

Very hard to say.. the website does not explain the numer of days per class...if you attend a full week, how many classes are attempted?

Their listed ASA certs are all mis-named, ie American Sailing has no "BK 101" cert, it's simply ASA 101...strange.

IMHO a large cruising boat like the Beneteau 44 is a lousy platform for teaching or learning basic sailing skills...that's why schools with the appropriate tools have and use Colgate 26s.

There was a long Sailnet thread last year on identifying a good school, take a search. The fundamental issue was whether you want to finish the week with a nice tan or with a decent skill set...

Here it is
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...2&share_type=t

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Certified...in several regards...

Last edited by sailingfool; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:19 PM.
post #3 of 3 Old 3 Weeks Ago
lwx

Re: Sistership Sailing School - USVI

I happened to see this post because I was searching for Sistership today to recommend to a friend. You can't go wrong with Pat Nolan and Sistership. I got my ASA 104 with her in July 2016. Originally I had chosen another sailing school which rapidly turned into a disaster. They got Pat to come in and save the day.

You can read my 5-star review on Pat's facebook page for Sistership Sailing School. (I can't post the link here because I don't have enough points on on SailNet.)

I got my ASA 101, 103, and 105 in the Northeast, and Pat is one of the best instructors I've encountered in all my courses. She got the other couple on board and my wife all through the 103 and 104 with total patience and clarity.

Good luck!
LW

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in