Naughty or Nice List - SailNet Community
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
1968 Columbia 50

Naughty or Nice List

Since it seems that winter has set in early in the northern US, my thoughts have gone to my Christmas list for Santa this year. Presently I am not sure what list I am on, but I figured I still give the jolly fat man something to work off of. Just in case.

I am hoping for some new companionway doors, and for some plumbing bits as well as some new lighting fans and fixtures..among some other things.

What is everyone hoping that Santa brings on his sleigh for this Christmas?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S/V Siren 1968 Columbia 50
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 3 Weeks Ago

Re: Naughty or Nice List

I have a spread sheet

I am trying to streamline weight/bulk for racing. I have requested a Trangia Mini alcohol cook set. Its a fraction of the weight/size of my single burner Origo. Would still use the Origo for cruising with the family.

https://www.mec.ca/en/product/4000-9...RoCY5AQAvD_BwE

10Litre water bladder with drinking hose so I can hydrate on the fly without stopping to refill water bottle.

Need some new charts and chart books. Like pretty much every one, I use electronic charts under way, but still like to have a set of paper for planning.
bigdogandy likes this.
post #3 of 13 Old 3 Weeks Ago

Location: Splitting time between Merritt Island, Fl and Asheville, NC for a bit

Dock

I have one of those Trangia stoves for backpacking / bike packing / canoe camping and as a backup on the boat - wonderful piece of kit!

This year Iím hoping Santa leaves another shipís log like last year: Library Bound Ship Log | Boat Log | Ship Journal
Arcb likes this.

Andy
Hard Aground
S/V Everlasting Moon
1981 Endeavour 32

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Be joyful though you have considered all the facts.
- Wendell Berry
The Following User Says Thank You to bigdogandy For This Useful Post:
Arcb (3 Weeks Ago)

post #4 of 13 Old 3 Weeks Ago
bell ringer

Iím hoping whatever I get that Santa doesnít use my money to get it

Don't blow air up my rear, be useful and blow it at the sails!
post #5 of 13 Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Siren View Post
Since it seems that winter has set in early in the northern US, my thoughts have gone to my Christmas list for Santa this year. Presently I am not sure what list I am on, but I figured I still give the jolly fat man something to work off of. Just in case.

I am hoping for some new companionway doors, and for some plumbing bits as well as some new lighting fans and fixtures..among some other things.

What is everyone hoping that Santa brings on his sleigh for this Christmas?
More wind and cooler weather in Half Moon Bay, California. It's been too warm and calm for my taste. It's unpleasant getting all sweaty without a breeze, and I've never looked good in shorts and a T-shirt.

A little less morning fog would be nice too. Here's our current weather: https://www.samschowderhouse.com/about-sams/samcam.html

Last edited by patrickbryant; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:10 PM.
post #6 of 13 Old 3 Weeks Ago

A Spinlock Deckvest is high on my list. It's time to replace my old inflatable, and the deckvest is very nice!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

2011 Jeanneau 39i Azura
post #7 of 13 Old 3 Weeks Ago
bell ringer

I got a new main sail last week. I would be happy if Santa came and took the old one off and folded it nice, then put the new one on and did all the adjusting and installation of the Dutchman system. I know that's going to be a lot of work for this jolly fat man.

Don't blow air up my rear, be useful and blow it at the sails!
post #8 of 13 Old 3 Weeks Ago

ShockT

I was curious about the PFD that you posted. The sales info points out a lot of features that are quite impressive but also states that it is not approved by the USCG, the CCG is not mentioned. Does this mean that you could be fined for non compliance?
post #9 of 13 Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulinnanaimo View Post
ShockT

I was curious about the PFD that you posted. The sales info points out a lot of features that are quite impressive but also states that it is not approved by the USCG, the CCG is not mentioned. Does this mean that you could be fined for non compliance?
No it just means if you are wearing it in Canada and don't have another CG approved jacket aboard, then you can be fined.

I already got my Xmas present...we keep our boat in charter when we aren't using it and this year it looks like i turned a tidy $100 profit. Not bad, getting paid to cruise for three and half weeks this spring. Of course there is still that leaking windlass issue I need to deal with...sigh.

Gaudeamus igitur iuvenes dum sumus...
before it's too late
post #10 of 13 Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulinnanaimo View Post
ShockT

Actually I am surprised that it is not certified as most inflatables are these days. USCG has always been behind the curve when it comes to inflatables. Having said that, I don't really care if it is or not since I have plenty of certified pfds onboard.

The best lifejacket is the one you are going to wear!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

2011 Jeanneau 39i Azura

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in