Sailing La Vegabond - Page 13 - SailNet Community
 832Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 570 Old 11-18-2019

Re: Sailing La Vegabond

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkofSeaLife View Post

The most likely reason is that each have their own publicity angles and each post for their market/timing/philosophy etc.

Mark
Well they are better sailors than I will ever hope to be if they can still keep their minds on maximizing publicity angles and market timing whilst beating into the wind in the Atlantic... and I do that sh*t for a living...

Gaudeamus igitur iuvenes dum sumus...
before it's too late

Youtube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 570 Old 11-18-2019

Speculation..nation...
That 25yo nikki is prob the reason they didnt land bermuda.
And more skilled support than riley has ever had..will be good for him long run
Mom looks after the literally bouncing baby
Other 2 are there..when they can be there
Took a big bite into something unknown...
post #123 of 570 Old 11-18-2019

Quote:
Yep. I'd be pretty pissed off if I'd put my boat and 1 year old at risk only to be left out of the discussion and the sunsets.

Im sure we're just rediculous l'y mind reading and over zealously reading between the lines.

But if you look back a million posts I said I'm the captain of my boat. Riley and Elayna are 2 against 3.
Its one of the reasons why the 2 I took on as crew for that passage were novice sailors. I don't need someone second guessing my stuff. Nor will I (you'll find this interesting) go to sea where I could be phisically overpowered by the crew. Think that one through!

As I said, we're mind reading and trying to pluck BS from something that's not there.

The most likely reason is that each have their own publicity angles and each post for their market/timing/philosophy etc.

Mark
You'll sing a different tune when the boat arrives in Europe with only three aboard and I'm not saying which three. The Aussie cinema is full of such stories of the sea. We might as well speculate a good yarn.

Seriously, I like to know how they are handling the watches. How Lenny and Elyana are doing. Even how the boat is holding up in the conditions. I guess we will have to wait for the You Tube videos to be edited to find out. In the meantime we will have to rely on Nikki's reports that all is well in the meantime.
MarkofSeaLife likes this.

Mike
Currently: Heading to warm waters over the winter on a variety of boats.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #124 of 570 Old 11-18-2019

Dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBlaze View Post
Well they are better sailors than I will ever hope to be if they can still keep their minds on maximizing publicity angles and market timing whilst beating into the wind in the Atlantic... and I do that sh*t for a living...

Don't denigrate yourself!

a) sailing isn't that difficult
b) one learns much more, much faster as the owner/skipper. Has Nikki been a skipper, or and owner? Or both? Riley has sailed half the world as both owner and skipper.
c) You're in the industry, then you've seen star-lust surmount all.
d) Ive had 30 years in that industry too.
e) I know Riley and Elayna and I thought Elayna is employable in any/every TV station I know. This rough diamond, down home, rough as guts girl could be the Steve Irwin of any modern network. Everyone is waiting for the next Steve Irwin. She is it. But she has a steely edge to her. She wants and can achieve.
Don't tell me that these 3 factions on this boat don't have the savvy to manipulate the/their media they way they want: 1 has spoken in front of the UN, the other has the highest grossing sailing video in the world. You're dealing with two of the best manipulators in their own fields... put together in a Big Brother floating household for 3 stormy weeks... the 3rd is the Wild Card, a young woman who appears to have experience, but never as an owner or skipper.

Any anyone wonders why we are talking incessantly about it?????????????????????

Mark
mbianka likes this.

Sea Life
Notes on a Circumnavigation:

People can say they want freedom, but offer them the keys to what chains them, a map to where they want to go,
And they'll turn it down for the cell they know
post #125 of 570 Old 11-18-2019

More spec..
If they can not catch a break, maybe will land horta or madeira to check over the boat
Weather could be such that they do stay south and shoot the strait
Sounds like theyve had some lay down to pee conditions
post #126 of 570 Old 11-18-2019

Dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbianka View Post
You'll sing a different tune when the boat arrives in Europe with only three aboard and I'm not saying which three. The Aussie cinema is full of such stories of the sea.

Movie Trailer... slow, deep, Hollywood Voice Over: "7 people on a voyage of a lifetime! The teen vegan environmentalist; the dope smoking hippy; and, the Amazonian bare-breasted wench. Only 3 make it ashore. The witness can't speak. One clearly insane... and 1... with a smile. Maybe the angry planet chewed them up?, or, maybe it was something much, much more sinister."

Rated R (Rated X in some states)

Banned in 34 countries and Utah

Sea Life
Notes on a Circumnavigation:

People can say they want freedom, but offer them the keys to what chains them, a map to where they want to go,
And they'll turn it down for the cell they know

Last edited by MarkofSeaLife; 11-18-2019 at 08:28 PM.
post #127 of 570 Old 11-18-2019

As Mark pointed out Riley and Eylana have the La Vagabonde Media empire operating smoothly even as they are getting bounced around in the middle of the Atlantic. The video of their Annapolis Boat show appearance has just been posted.

Mike
Currently: Heading to warm waters over the winter on a variety of boats.

post #128 of 570 Old 11-18-2019

I havent gone/fallen that deep into it yet, but...yes, please do continue
post #129 of 570 Old 11-18-2019

Quote:
Rough seas during the night with probably 50 knot gusts. We busted the furling line and made a quick fix but will re-run something when the seas calm. Fortunately we donít need much sail out at the moment anyway.
These things will happen out here, what has given everyone onboard a lot of confidence is how well La Vaga handled in those conditions. Nothing quite like hand steering in 50+. Wonder and awe.
Riley's latest Instagram post. Things are starting to break...

Gaudeamus igitur iuvenes dum sumus...
before it's too late

Youtube:
post #130 of 570 Old 11-19-2019

Quote:
Yep. I'd be pretty pissed off if I'd put my boat and 1 year old at risk only to be left out of the discussion and the sunsets.
Nikki Henderson was brought along because she is an actual expert at sailing. At this point, having jumped into a voyage in the teeth of the storm, I could understand why she wouldn't be mentioning the skipper and his ill-fated decision making. Just wondering why she signed up for this... she had to be taking a close look at the weather before they set sail.

Greta, otoh, should be mentioning her hosts, who hazarded their boat in hopes of latching onto her star power (not that they were doing too bad already, but here is a chance to sign up another 60k viewers). But then, she is only 12yo, so her not doing so is understandable. Linking the instagram accounts of the S/V Vagabond owners probably gave them everything they wanted.

Last edited by TimMarks; 11-19-2019 at 01:06 AM.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in