Sailing La Vegabond - Page 54 - SailNet Community
 855Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #531 of 597 Old 12-12-2019

Re: Sailing La Vegabond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesail View Post
They have a pretty successful print edition. My parents get it. I prefer The Economist, but if it weren't for that I'd probably get Time:

Time (magazine)

List of magazines by circulation

You might be thinking of Newsweek. It went under and re-surfaced as an online only publication, and not a very good one.
Yeah probably. Newsweek became Newsweak and now is just online. Others like Colliers, Saturday Evening Post and Life are no longer sitting on coffee tables every week like they use to.
PhilCarlson likes this.

Mike
Currently: Hunkering down for a bit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #532 of 597 Old 12-12-2019
Dirt Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsailjt View Post
IIt seems to me that if they really believed in what they print about these subjects, they'd cease printing hard copies and disseminate their information online only. Their failure to do that and their continuing to crank out millions of hard copies every day that they know will become pollution by the next day tells us what their top priority really is. I support their right to make a buck any legal way they can, but just wish they'd lose their holier than thou attitude and be a little more honest about what REALLY matters most to them, $$$.
it's a given. The primary goal of any business is profit.
Many entities try to hide the fact that they are a business. See if you can think of a few
chef2sail likes this.

The hysterical laughter you hear as you drive a way in your"new" boat ..... is the seller.
post #533 of 597 Old 12-12-2019

"Wake up Harold You've fallen asleep in front of the T.V. again"...Does anyone realize this thread has "morphed" from sailing to magazines??
MarkofSeaLife likes this.

post #534 of 597 Old 12-12-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstern View Post

Now that we've cleared that up, what exactly is a "Vegabond"?
Vegabond is a cucumber based bio-resin adhesive used in various applications requiring a non-toxic substance.
Minnesail and ThereYouAre like this.
post #535 of 597 Old 12-13-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronhughb View Post
"Wake up Harold You've fallen asleep in front of the T.V. again"...Does anyone realize this thread has "morphed" from sailing to magazines??
. ......and now we’ve gone from magazines to TV’s! But if you have an aspect of sailing LV and this voyage that we haven’t already discussed, and you’d like it to be discussed, please feel free to lead us back in that direction by posting something about the sailing.
MarkofSeaLife and mbianka like this.
post #536 of 597 Old 12-13-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsailjt View Post
. ......and now we’ve gone from magazines to TV’s! But if you have an aspect of sailing LV and this voyage that we haven’t already discussed, and you’d like it to be discussed, please feel free to lead us back in that direction by posting something about the sailing.
I'm currently heading down the East Coast on Bliss an NCL cruise ship. I've been impressed with their environmental operations. All cloth napkins. I was expecting the bars to be serving drinks in plastic cups. Nope they are served in glasses. I ate at an onboard speciality restaurant called Q. Delicious BBQ and country music spot. The water glasses looked like the ubiquitous plastic Red Solo Cups that people use in backyard BBQ's They are actually reusable and are washed for repeated uses. Greta should have jumped on one of these ships doing a repositioning. I think she might be pleased at how responsible they are these days. Expect the 30 to 40 knot winds we will be facing tomorrow off of Cape Hatterras will be a much nicer ride than on La Vagabonde too.
Minnesail likes this.

Mike

post #537 of 597 Old 12-13-2019

Yeah, ok...but how bout dem straws
post #538 of 597 Old 12-13-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegisteredUser View Post
Yeah, ok...but how bout dem straws
I actually have not seen any straws in drinks so far. Though I did actually see a wayward drink umbrella on the outside deck. Just made out of paper and wood not plastic.

Mike

post #539 of 597 Old 12-14-2019

Dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbianka View Post
Just made out of paper and wood not plastic.
Paper and wooooooood. So, one drink costs 1 tree?

mbianka likes this.

Sea Life
Notes on a Circumnavigation:

People can say they want freedom, but offer them the keys to what chains them, a map to where they want to go,
And they'll turn it down for the cell they know
post #540 of 597 Old 12-14-2019

I'm going to guess the cruise ships find it easier or less expensive to discharge grey water from dishwashers than to store and dispose of plastic. Makes sense. Did cruise ships used to have plastic?
mbianka likes this.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in