Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies to which you agreed when you registered. They are summarized below. Click the FAQ
drop down for complete rules and terms.
Sailnet.com Registration Terms and Conditions of Service
All SailNet members must abide by the rules detailed below which includes the SailNet forum and chat rooms. SailNet.com is a private website and as such, reserves the right to block access to anyone who does not follow the rules or for any other reason.
SailNet members may not post objectionable material or contents that are knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, harassing, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any laws including copyright laws. Please remember that SailNet is not responsible for the contents of any message posted by SailNet members and we do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information provided by SailNet members.
Although the administrators and moderators of SailNet.com will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. Any SailNet member who believes that a forum message is objectionable is encouraged to contact a moderator immediately by personal message (PM) or report the post by clicking the Report Post icon. Moderators will review and if deemed necessary, remove objectionable messages. Moderators will make every effort to do so within a reasonable time frame.
The owners, administrators and moderators of SailNet.com have the right to remove, edit, move or close any forum thread for any reason and we reserve the right to block your access to this site for any reason including if you:
* Register with a username containing the names of commercial enterprises, products or websites. Any existing members with names that violate this policy will be contacted and given the opportunity to change their username. Only Sailnet advertisers in good standing may chose usernames that promote a business.
* Register with a company logo as an avatar - UNLESS it's the logo of a sailboat manufacturer and you ARE NOT associated with that manufacturer. Only Sailnet advertisers in good standing may chose avatars that promote a business.
* Post items for sale without being a member in good standing for one year and with a minimum of 50 posts. This includes posting in the Classifieds area as well as the SailNet forum. This may seem excessive, however, SailNet is first and foremost a site for the exchange of information. This rule also helps eliminate unwanted adult content.
* Have been untruthful during the sign-up process.
* Post the same message in multiple forums.
* Post messages promoting a commercial enterprise - this is only permitted for SailNet advertisers in good standing.
* Include links in your postings to commercial enterprises in an effort to promote those enterprises regardless if you are an employee or owner of that enterprise - this is only permitted for paying SailNet advertisers.
* Register under multiple names in an attempt to hide your true identity and post under multiple screen names
* Post messages that are objectionable and meant to offend or incite conflict.
* Cause undue labor on the part of moderators in the mediation of disputes arising from your posts.
* Post messages that are meant to embarrass other members in an attempt to settle personal disputes.
* Post a comment designed or appears to be designed to Troll. Troll defined loosely: to antagonize, harass, criticize, disparage or mock others individually, a group of members, or a thread, by deliberately, or apparently deliberately, posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content.
* Exploit this forum by contacting members to sell products and services privately instead of becoming paying advertisers.
* Join this forum and use it to berate a vendor, dealer or manufacturer. If you have a grievance, please go elsewhere.
Finally, by registering, you agree that any content you post on this forum may be re-used by SailNet.com for any reason without your consent.