SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

New (to me) mast

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  skills4lou 
#1 ·
Earlier this week I found a mast for sale about 2 hrs away, and ended up buying it based on pictures. Yesterday afternoon/evening we went and picked it up. It's rigged a little different than my current one, but I can swap things back and forth a bit. Anywho, it's better than the slightly crooked, busted in half and then repaired one I currently have on Orbweaver. I'll post a few pics later today. Boat project for quarantine!

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Of course pics! I should mention that the previous owner threw in a couple other items as well.

Attachments

#6 ·
I thought about catamaran, but the wife said that's crossing a line that's not allowed. [emoji16]
Most likely the hull will be scrapped, there's a few soft spots on the deck. I figure I made out pretty good, the whole lot was about 1/3 what it was going to cost me for just a new mast. And half what a new outboard was going to be.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.