I'm doing a lot of prep work to my Merit 22 in preparation for my honeymoon sail around the San Juans.
Adding a boom vang.
I'm going to do a cascading boom vang, and I'm thinking this: https://l-36.com/cascade_vang.php
So I need a boom bail, and pad eye or bail at the base of the mast, plus the blocks.
The problem is that I don't have a deck organizer, and don't really plan on getting one.
I'm adding a symmetrical spinnaker to the boat. She's a masthead rig. I've never used a spinnaker and want to try it.
I have the spinnaker, and a pole, but nothing else.
I'll need to add a mast padeye
I also need to add a mast crane and block for the spinnaker halyard
(2) turning blocks for the spinnaker sheets, I plan on just tying them to the aft cleats for now.
(2) sheets, I need them twice the length of the boat right, so 2x44'
(2) cam cleats ahead of the blocks for the sheets
My problem is that I'm not sure what lines I need to rig the pole. What all do I need for it, and where and how do I run the lines?
My understanding is that I need:
Topping lift for the pole
Downhaul for the pole
I've been reading articles online, but they mostly are for asymmetricals, or they assume my boat already has most of the parts.
So my questions are:
1. I'd like to just put a cam cleat on the cabintop for the boom vang. Can I use a bullet fairlead to line up the vang with the cam cleat? Something like this: https://westcoastsailing.net/bullseye-fairlead/
2. I'll need to add a mast padeye, something like this: https://www.fisheriessupply.com/rons...ng-2-3-8in-dia
Can I do this with a stationary padeye, or do I need to add a track?
3.Topping lift for the pole. Where do I fasten this? Do I need another block at the top of the mast with a cam cleat a little lower than the mast padeye? Or can I rig it partway down the mast?
4.Downhaul for the pole. Again, where do I fasten this? How do I rig it?
Edit, I completely forgot about the guys. Now I need to figure those out.