Fwd: Great Mother's Day Sailing on the Chesapeake Bay - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 05-10-2010 Thread Starter

Fwd: Great Mother's Day Sailing on the Chesapeake Bay

Once in a while, you get a chance to go out in "Varsity Sailing" weather. Sunday was one of those where the wind blew up to 30 knots on the bay. I posted a video clip on you tube if your interested. It was a fun day. Never went to Annapolis from Galesville and back so quickly...and that in a 1967 Chris Craft Apache (S&S) Sloop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeOzd4dFLuY

Moe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-10-2010
1968 Pearson Wanderer 30

Hey, I was out there too!

I did the first half of a two-weekend ASA sailing class over the weekend, from Norton Yachts in Deltaville. We were sailing in the mouth of the Rappahannock off of Stingray Point all day yesterday.

Pretty energetic sailing, to be sure. There weren't many boats out there at all. We saw only a handful all day. We were out there probably 6 or 7 hours.

We were out for several hours Saturday afternoon as well. What a blast!

Great video - thanks for sharing.

- Bill T.
- Richmond, VA

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
- Mark Twain
post #3 of 5 Old 05-10-2010
October Moon B43

Thought about it then forgot about it. Wasn't exactly the wife's idea of the perfect Mother's Day.

post #4 of 5 Old 05-10-2010 Thread Starter

No, well we had celebrated Mother's Day on Saturday, and with a nice gift, I was encouraged to go out with the boys Sunday for a sail!!! I am lucky.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-10-2010
1968 Pearson Wanderer 30

Yeah, when I got back home, I told my wife that she definitely would NOT have been a happy camper out there. I, on the other hand, had a blast.

- Bill T.
- Richmond, VA

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
- Mark Twain

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in