Word to the Wise - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 04-16-2011 Thread Starter

Word to the Wise

I have cruised from Halifax to Trinidad over the past 15 years. In all I have found boat yards to be reasonable, if not exceptional in most places. Over the past few months however, I have found the first one that I would recommend you avoid -- New England Boat Works in Porstmouth, RI.

This place is the most dishonest, deceitful and inept boatyard operation I have ever experienced. Thank god I am out of there for good.

Although my contract was specific about relaunch already paid, they refused to honor it. They replaced my batteries (my boat name was written on them) with old spent batteries that were no good, they moved my boat in the middle of winter and gashed the topsides, and they managed to lose my binnacle cover instead of cleaning it as I asked.

But the worst, is the guy who runs the place. He calls himself "Scotty" -- which is a name that on one over 12 should ever call himself. He is an arrogant, abusive liar.

These guys have no love of boating, they just love money, and they don't care much if they screw you to get it.

There are many great marina/boat yards in Narragansett Bay, do yourself a favor and skip this one!

sjofagel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-16-2011

Reputation for grossly overcharging for work as well. Could have warned you. Their storage fees are usually enticing and they have tons of room in a very well protected harbor. Once you are in, the gates come down behind you and the beatings begin. Sorry. Been there, done that with NEB.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in