need help making the decision - Page 6 - SailNet Community
 24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 59 Old 06-27-2012 Thread Starter
Huck

Re: need help making the decision

ok so i had my knowelgable neibhor come to the oat and check it out. we looked at the main sail. it from a 22' boat and the boat is a 26' the current sail has a small rip in the fron that needs to be re sewn and has some slashes in the foward corner. other then that every thing checked out and looks good my neibhor is willing to give me his 8hp motor for the boat but it isn't a long shaft so it might now work. and it doens't have a jib it has a spinnaker so the only real working sail is the spinnaker. im still thinking about going on with this deal i can use the current sail after i get it patches and sewn i can sail that till i find simailar sails that fits.
I heard theres some consiment shops around that are always selling sails cheap. so i will check there my dads still not convince but im going thorugh with it.

16' mistral sailboat, And 27' coronado
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 59 Old 06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Swain View Post
God we under estimate kids. Consequently, they inevitably tend to live down to our expectations.
Quoted again for truth. I certainly did. Trying to change that. Of course I've gotten myself into the spot the OP is likely to find himself in in short order...

Although I'm sure most of the kids you listed could handle a shift key if the need arose (sorry Huck, but I know you can see where it is on your keyboard ).

EDIT: The used gear places are great, but a lot of the used stuff for sale IS junk, and you can get better deals new sometimes. Shop carefully in all regards.
post #53 of 59 Old 06-28-2012 Thread Starter
Huck

thanks so now i just got to get the title and bill of sale and convince my dad a little more so hes not so mad when i bring it to my mooring

post #54 of 59 Old 06-28-2012
SERIOUS SAILOR

Huck....you really should get your father's approval first. It's a serious matter of respect.

Do you fully understand, that since you are a minor, your father is financially responsible for you and your actions? If anything happens with that boat, they won't be coming after you....they'll go after your dad. You may be forcing your father into a position of risk he may not want.
bljones likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1982 Catalina 25 #2897
FK/SR/Traditional
Eagle Mountain Lake, Texas
post #55 of 59 Old 06-28-2012 Thread Starter
Huck

o ok i get it Hes slowly coming around

post #56 of 59 Old 06-28-2012

Dock

Congrats on the new project. I'll bet your a whole lot more knowledgeable in 6mos. Enjoy it, man!

Brad
s/v KIVALO

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallboatlover View Post
o ok i get it Hes slowly coming around

s/v KIVALO
2003 Hunter 260
"Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester while loading his boat with gin.
WORK IS OVER-RATED
post #57 of 59 Old 06-28-2012
Senior Moment Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDiver View Post
Huck....you really should get your father's approval first. It's a serious matter of respect.

Do you fully understand, that since you are a minor, your father is financially responsible for you and your actions? If anything happens with that boat, they won't be coming after you....they'll go after your dad. You may be forcing your father into a position of risk he may not want.
That's true but Dad should be glad the kid isn't pi$$ing away his time with texting and cell phone ring tones. At least he wants to accomplish something positive and even learn some skills. Dad should be helping & encouraging him with this project.

I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
post #58 of 59 Old 06-28-2012 Thread Starter
Huck

need help making the decision

So the email went to the owner now i just have to hope he emails back saying he'll give me the title an bill of sale to make it easier transaction so i dont have to way for the storage fees to exceed the boats value

post #59 of 59 Old 06-29-2012 Thread Starter
Huck

The owner emailed back the boat will be mine. Just waiting for the title and bill of sale to be mailed to me.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in