Who is Karl? - Page 2 - SailNet Community
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 Old 10-04-2014

Re: Who is Karl?

I've watched every episode. It's very entertaining and she's pretty cool to be doing what she is doing.

That said, I don't believe for a second that there isn't some degree of professional reality show manipulation going on. She has some heavy duty sponsors and is a marketing professional herself.

It makes no sense that her sponsors would blindly fund a venture into that aluminum boat, which to believe the ******, she had no idea was in that bad condition.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 Old 10-04-2014

I have been following Nike for just about a year on YouTube. You cannot help but cheer for this lady seeing what she has overcome with "Karl". Things that would have crushed many, she battles through. I know I am not the only one who looks forward to every new Ep.
And if it's been reality show "manipulated" as some might suggest, so what, it has still been an entertaining journey for the viewer.
SV Dayenu likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to mtitus For This Useful Post:
SV Dayenu (10-08-2016)
post #13 of 14 Old 10-04-2014

I'm betting what you see is what it is . . .(I hope anyway) it is cool, fun and inspiring to watch . . . I'm a fan
post #14 of 14 Old 10-04-2014

Watched #43 a couple of days ago. She is one STRONG girl!

Seeing her tackle the problems of upgrading and maintaining that boat is amazing. Not sure I would have tackled a couple of the tasks she did!

I see her and Jeanne Socrates (Home) who we met a few times in Mexico as one heck of an example for us ALL!!!

Greg

Greg & Jill Delezynski
Nor'Sea 27, Guenevere
Home page -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube page -

Youtube Virtual Reality page -

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in